This tiny skull trapped in amber belongs to the smallest dinosaur ever discovered

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/11/this-tiny-skull-trapped-in-amb.html

4 Likes

Competition…

7 Likes

I’m not sure if you read another couple sentences, which went on to state that this skull is even smaller than the dimensions of the bee hummingbird, the smallest dinosaur previously known. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I wasn’t sure, which is why I said competition, but no, I failed to read the article quote. I guess the bee hummingbird lost.

I should read the whole post next time. :wink:

3 Likes

I read elsewhere that the reporting got the skull dimensions wrong, slightly, in that it didn’t include the bill. With the bill it would be about twice as long. Still tiny though.

2 Likes

I’m guessing they were able to determine that this wasn’t a tiny hatchling (rather than a full size adult) by mri/xray-ing its skull development and using bird skulls as a reference (since birds evolved from theropods).

2 Likes

2 Likes

Um, I think you might have posted to the wrong thread.

7 Likes

The remaining dinosaurs not immediately wiped out by the asteroid all killed each other over toilet paper.

11 Likes

Hmm - T-Rex must have been wiped out by the asteroid, as they couldn’t use toilet paper.

6 Likes

At first glance it looks like a prehistoric Pac-Man!

Bah, nobody gives a shit about the penultimately smallest dinosaur! :wink:

1 Like

I did! But gotta love the tangential seguing in reply

1 Like

I keep seeing the drinking bird toy :laughing:

1 Like

It is well established that T-Rex used the bidet like any other civilized animal.

2 Likes

I say we need one for Harry Chapin’s Taxi. To get really really clean

It was raining hard in Frisco
I needed one more fare to make my night
A lady up ahead waved to flag me down
She got in at the light
I said where you going to my lady blue
Its a shame you ruined your gown in the rain
She just looked out the window and say 16 park side lane…

And so forth
Edit- I did that from memory

Such a smol boi

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.