This Twitter feed tracks flights of Russian oligarch’s jets as they take off and land all over the globe

Originally published at: This Twitter feed tracks flights of Russian oligarch's jets as they take off and land all over the globe | Boing Boing

8 Likes

This is the same guy who Elon Musk tried and failed to buy off when he was tracking his private jet on Twitter. I like his style and choice of target.

I hope this prompts the EU to carve out some special cases for these tail numbers in their next round of sanctions.

25 Likes

I want to know why we call them oligarchs when they’re really kleptocrats. Or is kleptocrat too inclusive?

14 Likes

Make yourself an easier high profile target, don’t feel the least sorry for them. BTW: escape plan needs adjusting oligarchs…

8 Likes

They’re all thieves, but “kleptocrat” is usually more appropriate for corrupt government officials.

13 Likes

OK, I think I have it now.Tthese thieves are unelected, but still have undue influence over governmental policies. They’re the corruptors, not the corruptees.

The combination of the two is the kleptocracy.

11 Likes

if you’ve seen any number of movies at all, you’d know that these super rich bastards always make their escape to resurface somewhere else, good as new, riches intact.

5 Likes

These are the oligarchs that finance Putin’s War against the sovereign nation of Ukraine, so plenty to see, and lots of information to share.

giphy-7

18 Likes

Sad Jim Gaffigan GIF

Sure Jan GIF

Also… you know we can google, right?

And of Russia and Portugal… :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

Hey, you leaving so soon, you didn’t even say goodbye…

12 Likes

Maybe they did. I wasn’t listening.

11 Likes

Barely said привет…

6 Likes

1563fdcdd1a1be8d806575f2b7950c11

5 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

5 Likes

You still didn’t say “goodbye”? Come’on now…

2 Likes

No Idea Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

6 Likes
7 Likes

see also “Putin’s Wallet” (a financial network of people / entities in on his grift):

(you get one free article, I think) (sorry Onebox is not working with this link)

and

Kleptocrat = (a) kleptocracy + bureaucrat

from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

• noun: A government characterized by rampant greed and corruption.

(so the kleptocrat is a kleptocracy government official, whether elected or appointed or something else)

5 Likes

And i want to know why we don’t call our own billionaires oligarchs (let alone kleptocrats).

13 Likes

Is this the FT article?

EU freezes assets of Russia’s leading oligarchs and allies of Putin

https://archive.md/2022.02.28-190325/https://www.ft.com/content/85d76bd6-f585-4ac9-abae-b9abbf21e4bf

5 Likes