This website uses AI to quickly generate summaries of YouTube video

Originally published at: This website uses AI to quickly generate summaries of YouTube video | Boing Boing

Interesting. It appears to require subtitles – I guess either YouTube’s automatically generated subtitles that detected what was being spoken or whatever subtitles the creator provided.

For a video I created with music and graphics but no subtitles or voices, the site tells me “This video does not have subtitles and cannot be summarized. Try another video.”: Raw Recruit (ZX Spectrum) - oscilloscope view

For another video I created where I added subtitles with hidden descriptions, the site appears to have summarized and rephrased the descriptions I wrote in the hidden subtitles: Battle Kid 2 Demo - startup story and title screen - with Scrolling Pitch Display. For example, the automatically generated summary took some liberties and said there is a “playable segment”, but there isn’t, it’s just a story scene.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.