This wooden bike has blades instead of wheels so you can ride it down a snow covered mountain

No, the tank is under the seat. The whole bike folds down to fit in an SUV.

I’m unfamiliar with a bike with the tank in the wheels. That sounds unwise.

1 Like

Good God, this could only be more dangerous if they installed actual eye-piercing spikes in lieu of airbags!

1 Like

You’re thinking of the Rokon Trail Breaker. It stores up to 2.5 gallons of gas in each wheel. Made in New Hampshire.

5 Likes

That’s the badger! 2wd as well, innit?

2 Likes

Yep, Ski Bobs. I have one from sometime in the 70’s made by Authier that is made from aluminum but looks very similar. It originally had skis for your feet too but those are long lost. We used to use it on sledding hills (and at times towed behind cars).

My late uncle acquired it somewhere not sure where (Big Bear in CA most likely). I still have it currently. Skis are laminated wood but the frame is aluminum.

2 Likes

I see what you did there.

4 Likes

These look like a fun woodworking project, and my 6 nieces & nephews could use a little more danger in their lives. I look forward to concerning my brothers and sisters next Christmas morning.

10 Likes

As a very casual English student of the German language, that Schweitze accent is really something else. It sounds like Dutch on a first listen.

1 Like

that’s some very nice woodshop right there

1 Like

I’m in northern CA and in the summer time the grass dries to a golden fluffy straw like consistency. One time I had a piece of plywood that was kind of curved up on one end so I made two holes, attached a rope and we’d take it up on the open space hill and go ‘grass sledding’. If it got going too fast you just bailed out. Steering was somewhat notional…

First time we took a neighbor’s kid up to try it, he sat down, took hold of the rope and pissed his pants. I felt bad, but still funny! Kept a straight face tho.

3 Likes

As only a moderately experienced skier and boarder I can definitely say that wiping out at 25 on balance is not going to do you much harm.

Just stay away from the trees. Long as you don’t hit anything, it is just a rough tumble.

1 Like

As a child this is what the cool kids hadimage

5 Likes

com-add-text%20(1)

3 Likes

As a perpetual beginner snowboarder, my biggest fear is catching an edge. This thing looks like it’s all edge. And with a bike you trade the instability of upright posture for the “centripetal” force to hold you upright. Without that advantage you just have what looks like a highly unstable sled.

For my own safety I’m not allowed on things like that.

Now that seat looks like it solves the smashed gonads problem.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.