Throwback video of Daily Show's response to Anti-Asian "comedy" piece on Fox News

The Foxaganda Extravaganza?

4 Likes

“How was that even on the news?”

It’s not. Fox News is mostly just opinion shows, not standard new reporting. It’s like if the New York Times editorial page became the entire publication, except with a xenophobic self-righteous bent. In that sense Fox News is like a photocopied screed handed out on streetcorners by a local loony, except it’s professionally done and disseminated on a massive scale.

2 Likes

An early-Karen sighting: A Ralph’s market… about 20 years ago. We saw a woman – Asian in appearance – pushing her shopping cart down an aisle. Lying belly-down on the cart’s lower shelf was (perhaps) her daughter, ~4 years old, smiling like crazy at everybody, her upper torso raised up to better see what was ahead; a super-cute ‘hood ornament’. We could see another shopper heading toward the kid’s cart: White, female, ~50 years old, pinch-faced and skowling, looking at the little girl with hate. You could almost hear the lady go, “Hhrrummf!” Ugly, ugly soul.

5 Likes

This.

I can guarantee you that there are a lot of Faux news watchers that think this is funny as shit, and if you disagree, then why can’t you take a joke. They deal with white people being the butt of constant social oppression on all fronts after all, and they’re soldiering on with a smile.

(I would have put /s, but these are the people that genuinely believe that whiteness is under attack, and that they’re the most oppressed people in the USA [because Faux news told them so…])

3 Likes

Well, I am somehow laughing, while also crying, because my heart hurts

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.