Tik Tok bans Perez Hilton after influencers demand it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/16/tik-tok-bans-perez-hilton-after-influencers-demand-it.html

Assholes demand dick head to be banned from their platform

ftfy

And besides, wouldn’t they be concerned about someone like Keemstar who is pretty much focused on influencers rather than on the Hollywood focused Hilton?

11 Likes

My read is that they just don’t want older people (or overweight people, or disabled people, or poor people…) on the platform. By “they” I mean the company’s senior management as well as its user base. Hilton’s age and old-media focus – and not the toxic effect of his gossip-mongering – seem to be the main drivers of this decision.

A company basing its policies in that old-fashioned high-school mentality strikes me as an unsustainable business decision, even when the bulk of the user base are teenagers.

25 Likes

Perez Hilton

He’s still around?

10 Likes

solution: get a real job

4 Likes

wait… so you’re… defending him?
weird flex, as the kids say.

5 Likes

Seriously, who the F has time for all this nonsense?

15 Likes

I’m too busy leaving Britney alone.

43 Likes

Chris is that you?

6 Likes

Definitely not.

10 Likes

Being mean to people at parties gets you kicked out? Seems reasonable.

9 Likes

Pretty much and none of the parties involved in this particular drama are paragons of virtue.

12 Likes

12 Likes

I’ve never felt more old and out of my element than reading this post.

Isn’t it Paris Hilton? It’s a dude? Oh wait, that guy? Tik Tok? There are Tik Tok influencers? There’s drama, what drama? What is going on? Who changed everything? How do I access the tv shows, my new remote doesnt even have number buttons.

36 Likes

Hm. That feeling you get when someone describes major events in their RPG campaign, that you don’t care anything about.

18 Likes

You have missed absolutely nothing of value.

ETA: However, when Vine was shut down, the compilations on YouTube found a massive audience among tweens after everyone else had forgotten what Vine was. Some of the stuff on Vine was riotously funny and I think completely due to the format and user base. I actually thought it was a shame there wasn’t a current similar platform and that if someone did make something it would absolutely blow up. That seems to be what Tik Toc has become. Some of the stuff is freaking hilarious.

13 Likes

Yeet!

2 Likes

People listen/watch Perez Hilton? Who is he even? Frankly idgaf

2 Likes

This guy seems to be a waste of protoplasm. What was the question?

I’ve heard of the guy but didn’t know he looked like the lovechild of Tom Waits and Ron Perlman.

10 Likes