Tik Tok bans Perez Hilton after influencers demand it

Yeah, I have vague memories of hearing the name “Perez Hilton” before, but not being a social media maven, I don’t remember what he’s famous/infamous/not-really-that-famous for…

2 Likes

I was watching Glee with my daughter last night and he had a cameo as a judge. My 12yr old was “ugh, him, he’s horrible etc.” Delighted to hear he was kicked off TokTok but she wouldn’t have known he was there in the first place. Her TikTok is not the kind of place that would have him on the feed. Way more weird.

3 Likes

I miss Vine, I had some great transit videos there that practically no one saw and were like works of art. Can’t stand Tik Tok, mainly due to the spelling.

1 Like

cheezburger-image-818157312

4 Likes

Unless they “pivot” with their initial base, like Facebook did. Facebook started out only for college students, and only when they had a sufficient user base did they later invite the world into its rabbit hole.

I’ve never visited Tik Tok and have no intention of doing so. Any place where “influencers” (I hate that word) reign supreme isn’t a place where I want to spend time. And no, $WEBSITE, I don’t want your app!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.