TikTok influencer openly brags about defrauding credit card companies for easy cash

Originally published at: TikTok influencer openly brags about defrauding credit card companies for easy cash | Boing Boing

7 Likes

everybody’s so creative!

10 Likes

So he’s either a fraudster, or likes to pretend to be one; waving his parents’ credit cards around in the pool. I’m gonna guess this is just viral click-generating nonsense, but if he’s for real, hope he has fun in court!

21 Likes

What if I told you there was a way to walk into a bank with a gun and walk out with as much cash as you could carry?

36 Likes

Even setting aside the (obvious) fraud part, this sort of thing lets the creditor – as they say – pierce the corporate veil. Undercapitalized, co-mixing of funds, lack of business purpose, etc. all will let a court disregard the corporate form and go right at this guy.

21 Likes

i really hate the term “influencer” – but anyway, he’s clearly deep in the “Fucking Around” phase of FAFO, just about to head into the most educational part.

28 Likes

Millennials think they’re the first ones who invented fire…

10 Likes

He’s stumbled onto the secret of America’s bailouts-for-rich, austerity-for-the-poor system; he just hasn’t taken it far enough yet.
“If you owe the bank $100, that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that’s the bank’s problem.” - J Paul Getty

23 Likes

That kid is way too young to be a millennial.

11 Likes

The Australian folk band Redgum used to have a song about this:

“Get yourself a delinquent bank-card, make it ANZ.
Meet your needs and not your greeds, get yourself ahead.
And it’s a form of reprisal, a song of survival
Oh, keep your morals intact.
Don’t be naive, you’re stealing from thieves.
Oh, it’s a matter of tact.
Just don’t let yourself get caught – in the act.”
– “Caught in the Act”, Redgum

However, I think they assumed – mostly correctly – that their audience were smart enough not to actually try it. Which might not be the case with people who follow TikTok influencers.

11 Likes

Here is one easy trick to get long term housing in a government funded Find Out facility.

25 Likes

I have an even better money-making scheme:

1. Take out an American Express card in the name of your business.
  2. Use it to buy a $100,000 watch from one of this guy’s followers for $80,000.
  3. Sell the watch for $100,000 to another of this guy’s followers.
  4. Pay AmEx back $80,000.
  5. Keep the $20,000 difference.
  6. Repeat steps 2-5.

Of course it might be wise to read the fine-print closely just to make sure there’s no way for AmEx to claw back that $100K when it becomes clear that the buyer in step 3 has no intention of paying his debt – but, hey, attention to detail is why you earn the big bucks.

19 Likes

“Now, to the average person, guys, this sounds crazy.”

“Crazy” isn’t quite the first word most of us poor benighted average people would use.

17 Likes

“The prosecuting attorney is going to love this video.“

Yes. Yes they are.

Like a bank robber handing over their demand note on personalized stationery.

15 Likes

Some other “influencer” had the “hack” of going into Starbucks, saying she had ordered a drink through the app, and then, since there’s no drink, they would tend to make another one for her for free. Seemed less of a hack, more like shoplifting, except for shoplifters don’t make a video saying how easy it is to be a shoplifter.

12 Likes

I prefer this method:

:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

See how it looks like something you shouldn’t have done… but you did it.

And he’s also gonna charge people for the deceptive advice, which should add on a few more racketeering charges.

7 Likes

So young, so dumb, so devoid of morals, so clueless of consequences, Maybe he’s counting on trump getting back in and this is his resume. Or maybe he believes he could survive a federal prison. I could almost feel sorry for the pain waiting for him. Almost but nah, tough shit kid. That baby face won’t buy you anything you want in prison.

6 Likes

Works for the most former US President…

4 Likes