TikTok influencer says she accidentally bought a $100,000 couch and is now tearfully begging her followers to pay for it

Originally published at: TikTok influencer says she accidentally bought a $100,000 couch and is now tearfully begging her followers to pay for it | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Cheating?OMG

When an influencer’s influence is truly tested.

23 Likes

Will this be the next TikTok Challenge?

31 Likes

She has a $100k+ credit limit on her card? With that kind of “influence” I’m sure she’ll get enough fans suckers to send her money.

29 Likes

Pull over right now because I’m about to fuckin’ throw up.

Only solid informative thing in the entire post.

30 Likes

wut?!

4 Likes

Clearly, she is upset. I wonder how she’ll handle receiving just enough to purchase a small secondhand throw pillow for that sofa.

8 Likes

So she succeeded in getting you to watch at least two of her videos. I’d say the plan worked out pretty well for her even if she’s telling the truth about the whole thing, which is far from a given.

25 Likes

Everyone’s homing in on CC providers’ single-transaction limits but buying a couch from “the couch people” was my favorite part.

24 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF

8 Likes

The entirety of influencer culture is broken. Social media creates weird, extremely dysfunctional subcultures.

15 Likes

Video of chunks or it never happened.

10 Likes

Considering it takes MONTHS from order to delivery for furniture like that - just cancel it. Not that $100k purchase would go through unless 1) you had a credit limit that high or 2) you have that much in your account.

ANYWAY…

I think the point was to announce and direct people to her onlyfans account. I mean, I guess I can’t get mad at viral marketing. :confused:

14 Likes

I often wonder what Douglas Adams would have made of this influencer nonsense? I know which arkship they’d be on.

30 Likes

Sounds pretty scammy to me.

6 Likes

You don’t accidentally buy anything at that price, you might accidentally get scammed, or cheated out of that amount, but unless you were on a bender of about four drugs, and multiple bottles of wine, I’m not convinced your only course of action is to beg for money…

4 Likes

I would have guessed she bought it from Sofa King. Their prices are sofa king high, after all.

34 Likes

I’m now (lightly) curious about the size of the fan base for the Tearful Mess niche on OnlyFans.

If it were not for the pleading for money, it would be more refreshing to see an “influencer” openly and candidly come to the realization that they haven’t developed skills to do anything else as she does here. Perhaps then coupled with a desire to do so.

4 Likes

Quen’s been big on humor since her Vine days. This seems like a joke to me.

3 Likes