TikToker backpedals after being called out for endangering a child

Originally published at: TikToker backpedals after being called out for endangering a child | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I thank god I didn’t have to deal with the pressures of social media and influencers when I was a kid (Gen X here) and I honestly wish I didn’t have to deal with seeing it now. You remember that really loud and obnoxious kid at the pool party that wouldn’t shut up until everyone watched them jump off the diving board? It’s like social media has only amplified and emboldened that sort of attention seeking idiocracy. All of these controversy faking, clout chasing asshats need to just go away. I legit got angry watching that TikToker’s response to the backlash he got. What an insufferable knob.

Damn it. I’m starting to feel like the old guy who wants the kids to get off my lawn.

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

17 Likes

a TikTok family

That short phrase conjures up visions of many future hours in a therapist’s office for the kids.

18 Likes

Not a new video, but boy oh boy it sure hits all the marks.

8 Likes

Luckily, humiliating labor is only forbidden for POWs, not for children, so influencer families are free to flourish! No need for dignity of person or protection from public curiosity!

6 Likes

Nah, you’re right on target - also old gen x here.
Family YouTubers/TikTok’rs and the like are fucking weird. And I thought people unboxing shit was strange…
The LA Times did a story a while back about someone being sued for child labor violations, endangerment and more:

5 Likes

Safety regulations are written in blood. It isn’t to be a downer or deny you fun, it is so you don’t die or get maimed.

6 Likes

As someone who was a tiny kid even by my teens, it’s nice to know Disney has an easily searchable FAQ online you can check for things like height requirements. Our trip to WDW when I was twelve (pre-internet) was rather disappointing when I found out I couldn’t ride a few of the rides that I wanted to.

(Heeelp)

6 Likes

I’m supposed to read that in Leeloo’s voice, right?

3 Likes

Indeed, the other patrons, the staff, the EMTs, the cleaning crew, family and friends; tik-tok stunts can ruin a lot of people’s day/week/month/year/life.

4 Likes

ride-1
ride-2

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.