TikToker who worked as Tinkerbell at Disneyland describes the creepy dads who hit on her

But but, girlie legs! Bare arms, even!

ducky

/s obvs

27 Likes

Not being a Disney person at all (and still not being quite sure who that other guy is) I thought the headline meant someone had hit on Gaston Lagaffe

6 Likes

He seems to have a persistent itch of a private nature. /s

9 Likes

Maybe these creepy dads entering the park or buying a ticket need to see a Disney version of this sign, which is now common at comiccons for the same sad reason.

46 Likes

Heh.

Not so private of course when dudes like that inflict their scratching of that itch on others.

15 Likes

I’d never seen that sign before but I love it. And am sad that it has to exist…

11 Likes

Yucky poo. Nasty…

8 Likes

Desssssspicable!, even.

15 Likes

No, five year olds are. Disney animators have definitely crossed quite a few lines over the years, but it is 100% on the person objectifying someone, real or not, that is the issue.

12 Likes

I am aware.

10 Likes

Just another variation on “Look what you made me do!” It never seems to end.

22 Likes

Disagree with you on this. It points to a larger issue with certain Disney park characters receiving unwanted harassment from guests that has been going on for many, many years. Disney is obviously aware of it and has decided to turn a blind eye to the problem. It does not diminish in any way this woman’s experiences.

11 Likes

… the animators, the production crew of Hook, countless halloween costumes, etc etc etc. The animators may have been the first though, AFAIK it was the first visual representation of the character.

How do these creeps even imagine that scenario playing out? Is the woman they’re hitting on supposed to go back to the guy’s hotel room first so she can let him in?

5 Likes

Word; turn off that gaslight.

You’re entitled to your own opinion, obvs; it still doesn’t impact mine.

My point remains the same:

The fault for the harassment this woman endured lies solely with the harassers and their enablers… which, all too often happens to be a large percentage of society itself.

That Disney as a corporation possibly permits such abusive behavior regardless to gender is another issue all together.

19 Likes

So…are you saying people think the worker is actually Tinkerbell? Or that they imagine that dressing as her would mean her job is to fulfill adult fantasies, as opposed to children’s fantasies of meeting the character? Because, you know, neither is remotely true.

17 Likes

If I recall correctly on listening to this a couple weeks ago, character actors have to brush off advances 2 times in character before they’re allowed to break character on the 3rd advance to tell them to get the hell away from them…

6 Likes

If that’s true, I feel like the Tinkerbell character I know would brush them off “in character” by laughing impishly, bashing them in the crotch with her wand, and saying, “even I don’t have enough fairy dust to make that fly” before scampering away.

21 Likes

Well that’s definitely a BS policy if true.

I used to be friends with a Disney character actor and she didn’t mention that, but then again she played Buzz Lightyear so maybe that helped. Although I’m sure there are still folks out there who would love to creep on Buzz.

2 Likes

That’s pretty bullshit. It should be the very first time they get an advance. No one’s job should come before their safety.

15 Likes