Tim O'Reilly's WTF? A book that tells us how to keep the technology baby and throw out the Big Tech bathwater

That looks rather wasteful; the retaining cord, holding the decapitation enablement facilitator in its ready position, appears to snap when activated. Maybe replacing the gravity design with a long stroke steam engine could speed up the process.

@David_Witt To paraphrase Marshall McLuhan, “The Baby is the Bathwater.”

3 Likes

Sometimes, the old ways are the best ways. It adds some drama.

2 Likes

It’s why I think all companies should be directly owned by the workers at minimum. Cooperatives I think are a graceful path to communism. Mind you, this possibly is as likely to happen as me winning the Power Ball which is to say zero. But one can dream, right? :confused:

2 Likes

I would steer clear of mincome and other ideas because it gives capitalists leverage over the poor. Imagine your life turned into a game for them where they can deprive you of the necessary income to support yourself. If history is a guide to how the rich and powerful operate then it’s clear mincome would just be perverted for their psychotic tendencies.

I see you are already familiar with the US welfare system!

1 Like

Ironic, referring to Louis CK.

Yep, been on SNAP benefits in the past. It’s a scummy game they play there if you even earn just one cent over the allowed amount then you’re denied access to even the paltry amount given. Happened to my sister a couple months ago and to me two times when I needed it.

and honestly convenience often built on top of others’ backbreaking work, without any of the labor rights that workers collectively and historically have fought so hard for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.