Time to learn how to actually use that camera you insisted on buying in high school

Great comment.
I have a friend that shoots weddings on one of those Sony mirrorless. He loves the thing - he came from Nikon full frame and uses this exclusively now.

Who is making good pocket cameras today? We have a couple of Panasonic compact point and shoots that we use at work. Now we have one, because the other got dropped off a balcony. Seems like it’s not very easy to find a new replacement.

Apple?

Dunno, I haven’t geeked on it in quite a while. Dpreview.com was a great place to research, don’t know if there’s a better one now. Back when I did, it was Fuji in the sweet spot, and I’ve stuck with them through inertia. The F30 series got a reputation for good manual and low light features. The Fuji sports camera is excellent and very reasonably priced. The pics below could probably be better taken with a DSLR, but they wouldn’t have been taken.

2 Likes

(From Clear Knee Mom Jeans discussion).

Was I the only person to go “Oooh, outdoor photography!” here?
:slight_smile:

Fuji X series. Great little shooters with a ton of features and excellent manual controls.

I’ve seen them. The only drawback is that they are locked into a single-source for lenses AFAIK.

Then I shall leave this here for you!

1 Like