Tiny fluffball dog teaches working ranch dog pups how to herd sheep

I’m cool with the training method (I perhaps wasn’t clear in my first comment) - I was just put off by the spectator screams-of-laughter reactions to the dog being a dog and had a little daydream about how they’d react to the sheep turning the tables with its hoofs and head.

I actually don’t think it’s all that big of deal and probably should’ve just taken a breath and moved on before deciding to post.

4 Likes

Cornered by wolves! Tiny tiny wolves! And a… tribble?

3 Likes

Pekinese are still dogs. One place I lived the neighbours had 4 full size Pekinese - not that small. One day a cat got into their garden. The Pekinese proceeded to herd it, chasing it around while every time it tried to reach a fence one of the dogs would detach itself from the group and shoo the cat back onto the lawn. It was fascinating to watch but eventually we had to go and tell the owners because otherwise at some point there was going to be dead cat all over the place.

It’s thinking “How much trouble am I in now compared to the trouble I’ll be in if I stomp on this thing?”

1 Like

If they were trying to teach the dogs herding (as opposed to simply ‘chase the sheep around a pen’), shouldn’t there have been a goal or series of goals? I didn’t see a place they wanted the sheep to end up, it just trotted round and round the pen, trying to keep away from the annoying wolf-things.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.