Tiny parrot raised from a rescued egg

Originally published at: Tiny parrot raised from a rescued egg | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Not being familiar with the guy, there were a few points where I thought he was about to pop that birdlette into his mouth, and while that seemed odd to me…man, this IS the internet.

8 Likes

What an incredibly sweet way to start my Sunday. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Birds have belly buttons!

I’ve never thought about this before. Now, I am fascinated by birb belly buttons. Am I weird?

11 Likes

he was just coaxing the birbette to the nest he’d grown on his face

8 Likes

I believe the technical term is birblet. Jeez, learn your science.

11 Likes

But the egg was not rescued, was it? It was in the end destroyed by the creature growing in it.

2 Likes

This seems imminently reasonable to me. Even better is that they are technically dinosaur belly buttons! :t_rex:heheh!

7 Likes

snrf, sniffle I got sumfing in my eye! sneef, snurfle

3 Likes

I’m working with the metric birb units… don’t get me started on dividing fractions with imperial “berbs”!

8 Likes

Nope, not having a head full fascinations would be weird. You’re weird for other reasons :wink: (winky face added to convey a joke, because that’s a thing now)

2 Likes

Have I got a website for you!!!

3 Likes

I have to say, I had a very joyous emotional reaction to this video. I look forward to following this guy. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

(Rather maybe off topic, but have a Superb Owl everybody: )

11 Likes

Converting to Gregorian Borbs is a real headache.

6 Likes

Pff, Birbs Avoirdupois were good enough for Henry VII…

2 Likes

OK, now we have to get into berb ground speed

4 Likes

Marxist historihens tell us that eggs are inevitably destroyed by internal contradictions during the later stages of their development.

14 Likes

I didn’t intend to watch the whole thing, figuring I’d skip parts…9 minutes later, it was over.

Not just a great story, but killer editing. There was very little filler.

10 Likes

I’ll admit this opinion isn’t gonna be popular, but this would make the cutest, little omelette.

2 Likes