Tire chalking by parking enforcement is unconstitutional, rules federal court

Yeah, I find the reasoning spurious. Somehow a collection of rulings over time have warped into something that is clearly way outside the scope of what was meant by the 4th and no one was stopped to look at the big picture.

And that differs from the entire field of law in what way? There’s a reason the expression “the law is an ass” has such enduring value.

If you don’t give a shit about your personal property that’s fine. Don’t be an asshole and tell me what is and isn’t appropriate to do to my property. No my car isn’t that fancy - but it’s mine. Hands off.

Your response sounds like the kind I’d expect from someone who punches parking enforcement officers for daring to touch their car’s windshield wipers to place a ticket and refuses to install their front license plate. Not saying you’d do that, but your response seems to be based in a viceral reaction.

The privledge of driving and parking on public roads come with some compromises to your private rights.

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems like a little chalk on the treads of my tires (which will probably be gone as soon as I move my car anyway) is possibly the least invasive thing the government does to regulate the way I use my car on public roads. Especially when I still have the option of avoiding the chalk entirely just by parking somewhere else, like a private lot.

2 Likes

I guess I was confused as to what “parking enforcement” is. I thought of it as a concept or process, as in “parking enforcement by (via) tire chalking”

But I guess here “parking enforcement” refers to the entity that enforces parking, so it makes sense.

Or you could make the tire sidewalls out of whatever material they use to make boards in some of the classrooms here. Resists chalk like you wouldn’t believe.

1 Like

Yeah, it can be both the division of the police that enforces parking and the process of enforcing parking laws.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.