Titanic II is an exact replica of the original ship, only bigger

I hope nobody’s making a bigger replica of the iceberg …

13 Likes

I’ve never thought of them in that way, but that really fits :smiley:

2 Likes

25 Likes

Real or not I just love the idea of an indoor pool on a boat.

10 Likes

I am hereby announcing my brand new ship, the Ice Star Line Iceberg II. The same dimensions as the original Iceberg, but more modern features! Satellite tracking and navigation, armor-penetrating pykrete surfaces, self-guidance, and enough additional mass to compensate for modern naval regulations. Estimated launch date is in 2018, about five days after Titanic 2 launches.

Iceberg II. We’re coming for you.

25 Likes

Damn, that article beat me to my Hindenburg II joke.

9 Likes

Board in Liverpool! Walk the length of the ship (warning may take several days to do so)! Disembark in New York! Sail the Atlantic without actually sailing! Book your passage now!

3 Likes

Plus, ass it says in the comments there, iirc, the sister ship is still extant and has had major work done on it recently. If you wanted a new Titanic, refurb that one.

3 Likes

Well, those people would be very, very wrong about the Olympic and the Britannic. 1937 scrapping and 1916 sinking after hitting a mine, respectively.
http://www.starway.org/Titanic/Sister_Ships.html

4 Likes

yeah, up there with lakes on islands in lakes, and if that lake has an island in it too…

1 Like

Oh. Two Huge Manatees.

11 Likes

ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

1 Like

Does the bilge water count?

3 Likes

ok, IF such a thing ever were to come to pass, and IF i had the fortune to be a passenger, i think finding myself a passenger on a replica of the Titanic would cause me some serious mindfuckery. i expect that it would cause freakouts i can’t even imagine. i’d be constantly nervous, jumping at every noise or bump.

4 Likes

Aw man, those pictures really take me back to this one time I was the caretaker of a wonderful old hotel up in the Rockies for a whole winter. I was working on my second novel, some of my best work, I got a lot of writing done. It was wonderful, I never wanted to leave, sometimes I like to imagine that I didn’t leave. That I’m still the caretaker there, and I have always been the caretaker there. That’s what wonderful promotional pictures like these do for me.

14 Likes

Digital renderings or GTFO.

2 Likes

Slides. Buildings have floors, ships have decks. Either way their plans, when they exist only as PowerPoint presentations, are exist as slides.

7 Likes

Which is what indoor pools smell like.:confused:

3 Likes

My parents have this book; I used to love browsing through it. I think I need my own copy.

1 Like

Maybe it’s actually a hotel.

1 Like