'Titanic' is one of the few things greatly improved by adding a house cat

Originally published at: 'Titanic' is one of the few things greatly improved by adding a house cat | Boing Boing

19 Likes

I’m impressed, I couldn’t even make it through that movie one time!

Owlkitty should be in everything. :heart_eyes_cat: Keep this one on the ballot for 2023 Superb Owl :wink:

21 Likes

Surely we mean “ ‘Titanic,’ like everything else, is greatly improved by adding a house cat”

40 Likes

Sometimes even a cat isn’t enough.

24 Likes

This is the retelling that I want to see.

The Floof better live damnt.

It blows my mind that that this was done in some guys house, using blender.

4 Likes

Everything is better with a house cat, especially big ginger ones, specifically the late Zarathustra the Cat…

11 Likes

They seem to be working to make that true, given just how many films and events they’ve been inserting the cat into. (I especially like the Indiana Jones, Love Actually, Pulp Fiction, Dirty Dancing and especially especially Jurassic Park ones.)

All of which add up to the realization that the addition of a cat benefits more than a “few” things.

6 Likes

I’m thinking Jack wouldn’t make it through that scene with the portal…or the railing. None of my cats liked water, so this could’ve easily turned into Claws: The Revenge. :pouting_cat:

Over It Reaction GIF

13 Likes

Dammit, my keyboard! That last shot…

9 Likes

That is wonderful.

5 Likes

Wife: “Here, let me read you this insane manifesto by some of the people supporting the truckers’ anti-masking strike.”
Me: “Here, look at this picture of a guy holding a cat on the prow of the Titanic. It makes considerably more sense.”
Wife: “It also makes more sense than the original movie.”

12 Likes

Thank you, came to say this.
The only thing I can think of that is not improved by adding a house kitty is a hot tub.

ETA: of course 2 of the first 4 likes come from cat avatars :joy:

14 Likes

Damn straight. The red and beige thingies are also beings to be reckoned with.

5 Likes

I’ve seen the blockaders referred to as the flu trux klan on tumblr. Bless that hellsite, and all who sail in her.

3 Likes

‘Titanic’ is one of the few many things greatly improved by adding a house cat

#FTFY

8 Likes

No comment (just uncontrollable laughter):

10 Likes

I imagined that last scene playing differently, knowing how cats are.

cat-pushing-things-off-a-shelf

7 Likes

That reminds me of one of my favorite arguments against flat-earther’s. Someone said, “if there really was an edge, wouldn’t there be a bunch of cats there just pushing stuff off?”
:joy:

11 Likes

OWYAC approves this message.

2 Likes

Is there going to be a butthole cut?

Asking for a friend.

2 Likes