To boldly drink and regret the night before: there's Star Trek vodka to be had

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/23/to-boldly-drink-and-regret-the.html

5 Likes

In before Romulan Ale and “It’s … green”.

4 Likes

So none of the ingredients were grown in space, or the fermentation take place in space at the very least? Amateurs

5 Likes

The very idea! The distant future will be untainted by filthy alcohol. Honestly, can you imagine Captain Kirk, driving drunk, running over asteroids and green alien babes? Waking up with a hangover and spending half the morning in sick bay?

For that matter, he won’t use the toilet wither.

2 Likes

The one, the original - the only.

15 Likes

Wait, this calls itself 10-forward, but it is made with real alcohol instead of synthahol? No sale.

6 Likes

No, really: the company is planning to send a batch of the spirit into space, which will be blended with the larger stock to guarantee that at least every bottle contains a tiny bit of space-bound booze.

So this is homeopathic space hooch?

14 Likes

Tech Sergeant Chen is your go to guy for other items.

6 Likes

To boldly drink…

3 Likes

The only space captain recommended beverage I will imbide is Zapp Brannigan’s own “Brannigan’s Own Whiskey”, smooth as velour baby.

8 Likes

There is only one drink fit for a warrior.

6 Likes

Wait. What? O’Brien drank scotch? The traitor. Next time I see Meaney I will totally give him a filthy look.

3 Likes

Saurian brandy or GTFO

4 Likes

No, no, no, no, no ,no… Synthehol.

3 Likes

They used to sell this at Star Trek: The Experience when it was at the Hilton in Vegas. I bought some to bring home as a gag gift for our gaming group (and had the associated pleasure of trying to get it onto the plane past Security. Harry Mudd had nothin’ on me for smuggling Romulan Ale!) It was a waste; blue-dyed Coors Light, but less tasty. You couldn’t even use it for cooking; one of our guys put a bottle into a pot of chili, and it tinted the ground beef blue.

5 Likes

Actually that would be a bonus if you ask me.

2 Likes

Getting blackout drunk is sort of like being teleported, only less dangerous.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Not root beer?

3 Likes

LCARS is the operating system? I thought the word only referred to the UI.

2 Likes