Today's mass shootings

I didn’t remember this thread before posting in the Walmart gun sales thread:

A 14 year old used a gun to kill his family, including a 5 year old and a 6 month old.

“Fucked up” does not even begin to describe this.

17 Likes

In today’s ongoing edition of “perfectly normal things that perfectly normal people say in a perfectly normal country”…

“If you realize someone has a gun for protection, and they’re not expecting you—announce yourself when you enter the home, or even if you’re getting up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night, just announce yourself,”

Because warning your family before you wake up in the middle of the night to pee is Reasonable Expected Behavior. I’ll bet mom was a Responsible Gun Owner, too.

Christ.

23 Likes

“Hey, mom. I am getting up to pee.”

“What the fuck did you wake me up for?”

Next night, says nothing.

BLAM!

“She knew I have a gun. Why didn’t she say something?”

19 Likes

Look, it’s all worth it as long as insecure nerds don’t have to worry about their collections of masculinity totems being taken away.

11 Likes

If only the five year old had had a gun this might have been averted

10 Likes

The sick thing is the world has gotten crazy enough, that there’s probably someone out there who would actually make that argument, in full seriousness.

11 Likes

In today’s episode of “CNN or the Onion”…

4 Likes

From the article: “It’s a scenario that is likely a parent’s worst nightmare”.

As a parent: no, not really. It’s not even on the list of nightmares, the idea is as absurd as imagining my kid getting eaten by zombies or getting possessed by demons.

America, what are you doing to yourselves?

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing (American here) because I’m not a gun owner, and there are no guns in my household. Frankly, one of the main reasons I supported legalization of MJ here is because I knew my neighbor had a basement grow and my nightmare was that law enforcement would do a no-knock raid on the guy and my family would get hit in the inevitable gunfire.

13 Likes

As a parent there are far too many plausible nightmare scenarios to have a worst one; right now, I just hope that society doesn’t collapse completely before I finish raising my kid.

Living in ‘Mad Max’ times is already a daunting enough possibility.

15 Likes

A conversation you would only hear in the good old USA…

Speaker 1: I have a theory about the mass shooting last week.
Speaker 2: Which one?

20 Likes

Facts.

SMFH

10 Likes

Speaker 1: The one in Texas.
Speaker 2: Not helping.

17 Likes

Crisis averted. What a Responsible Gun Collector!

10 Likes

or they could just do your house instead by mistake

5 Likes

Yup. That was one variant of the nightmare. With my son coming downstairs in the middle of the night with a Nerf gun in hand…

5 Likes

I’d post this in the Walmart thread to refute a certain someone’s insistence that gun ownership doesn’t correlate with crime, but it’s closed.

18 Likes

Right wingers and ammosexuals are not known for their openness to science and facts. Especially if they conflict with their opinions and talking pounts.

8 Likes

Interesting.

14 Likes

Especially pouty talking points?

6 Likes