Toddler explains how babies are born in 4 seconds

That’s not the “Kool-aid” man, it’s the “Hawaiian Punch” guy! His approach for selling colored sugar water tended toward assault and battery rather than wanton destruction of property.

1 Like

Me too. One couple’s way of teaching the kids about the birds n the bees?

I have no idea what that family had in mind at the time but I’m 99% sure this photo inspired one scene in Brüno.

1 Like

My daughter asked me (Dad) when she was about six. We were sat on my bed chatting and she just wondered out loud. I answered her straight and in a chatty way and, apart from her thinking I was winding her up, it all went fine.

Now that was education about human reproduction. Sex education is something different.

2 Likes

No, it definitely wasn’t that. It’s just that as far back as I can remember (four or so), I’ve had a reasonably complete and matter-of-fact understanding of the process. I do remember my mom had purchased the Dutton Series on Sex Education for her first batch of kids back in the late 1950s, and I read those cover-to-cover when I found them, looking to glean some new info. And she also purchased a much more modern series for my sister Lisa and me in the late 1970s, which I remember being much more frank and informative.

But I was the kid doling out the sex facts on the elementary school playground to any kid who asked, but for the life of me I can’t remember if I learned it through conversation or just from reading those Dutton books when I learned to climb to the top shelf of the bookcase.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.