Tokyo fire department warns residents not to leave roombas in rooms with standing heaters

Originally published at: Tokyo fire department warns residents not to leave roombas in rooms with standing heaters | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I feel that the epitaph on Humanity’s grave will read, “Died of unforeseen consequences.”

11 Likes

Death by mis-adventure.

4 Likes

Surely?

3 Likes

Japan is a cool place, with lots of cool places to live and work. By which I mean most of the country has inadequate insulation and a near-total lack of central heating.

My “fan heater” burned kerosene and blew the combustion products—some heat, plus carbon monoxide, etc.—around the eight-tatami room I used it in. But don’t worry: there’s a warning sticker that reminds you to open a door or window at least every hour to make sure you don’t die.

I’ve gone back to Japan to visit every few years since I last lived there in the late '90s, but never between late November and about April.

3 Likes

I think that you’ll find that global warming has made winters in much of Japan a lot more manageable (not that that’s a good thing). Snow in Tokyo is a rarity these days, and an electric space heater will often suffice.

2 Likes

Oddly enough, this phrase could probably be used more often by our Field Service technicians in their reports. Stuff happens or customers do things that to the equipment that makes engineering facepalm.

1 Like

I for one welcome our new… wait, what, no, fuck this!

6 Likes

CTAll8cDqql-png__700

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.