Tom Cruise deepfaked as American Psycho's Patrick Bateman

Maybe he should have stuck with the Fairlight.

1 Like

I has been a long time since I read the book. I just thought it was funny that he showed up in the book, and at the time, every damn interview with the author. BEE was kinda obsessed with him for a while. Weird and interesting dude…

1 Like

What’s that one starring Buff Shaved Head…?
Yeah, bit samey.

Cruise is just a shark with good hair.

3 Likes

yes. and it drove bateman nuts that cruise and not he had the penthouse.

1 Like

I’d say that animation has come a long way in that regard. I think that they did a great job in creating emotive characters in Adventure Time or Steven Universe, say. I think anime, especially after the success of Miyazaki has a lot to do with that…

Tom Cruise, not so much.

Also, @milliefink, I think he was okay in Minority Report, too. But most of the time, I’m just sort of meh with his acting. It’s fine, but he’s no Daniel Day Lewis or Denzel Washington.

4 Likes

Phil Collins is still a damn fine drummer.

3 Likes

it plays the scene; the title “du hast” is a stupid game with the lyrics; if sungspoken in this manner by lindemann it sounds like “du hasst” which means “you (do) hate (something)”, were “du hast” simply means “you had”. the “gag” comes when lindeman sings further “du hasst…mich…du hast mich gefragt und ich hab nichts gesagt” (you (had) asked me and I said nothing).

to play this shitty generic song which screams “you hate” in german while fucking 2 prostitutes is pretty awful and fits batemans mindset quite nice.

(this deepfake-clip has some really interesting layers webbed into it. again, applause)

3 Likes

Perfect.

4 Likes

I’ve never seen American Psycho, but all I can hear from that clip is Star Trek TNG’s Data. In fact that would be even better than Cruise.

1 Like

I belive you mean Lore, Datas evil twin-“brother” :wink:

I sometimes view films to enhance my internet literacy. American Psycho has spawned many a gif and many a meme.

Plus, that film probably inspired Christopher Nolan’s ideas about yuppies-- Batman, Inception, etc.

You probably don’t want to see the sequel.

1 Like

Yeah, no you’re absolutely right. Unless you tautologically restrict the category to what would be cartoon equivalent to a tom Cruise flick, my analogy breaks down. But, in my estimation, he does remain cartoon-like for my in the sense that, like with Tom Cruise, with animation I feel unburdened by thinking about what the actor was thinking during the performance, as the facial expressions and postures are designed for the story, rather that the result of an actor bringing themselves to it. I certainly agree, Steven Universe is a much more emotionally complex character than Tom Cruise has yet to play (and that’s a grand understatement).

I did get your point, though, that (especially older) animation is often not great and not ever emotive… I mean, I grew up with He-Man and She-Ra and GI Joe and Dungeons and Dragons, after all. Not exactly the height of artistically created cartoons! So, Tom Cruise is like old school He-Man!

3 Likes

not going to lie, i worked under a guy who spoke just like Bateman did in American Psycho. hugely successful guy, too. but there was absolutely nothing behind his eyes, and everyone knew it.

4 Likes

Note: Some murder and cursing around 5 minute mark.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.