TOM THE DANCING BUG: How to Tell the Difference Between an Open-Carry Patriot and a Deranged Killer

Nope show up dressed exactly like them with a toy rifle that has a dildo stuck on the end of it – stand near them with the same pose that they adopt.
They are just perverts publicly exposing their powder-penis – people need to demonstrate blatantly what they are doing.

(of course you will need to use a non-anatomically correct dildo because otherwise you will get arrested for exposing children to dangerous things)

14 Likes

Seriously? This is one of the most asinine things I have ever seen. Criminals don’t care if open carry is allowed or not. Criminals don’t care if they can buy a gun from a legitimate store. Making citizens into criminals does nothing but help the government.

I have the right to any weapon my government has. Period. That is the purpose of the 2nd amendment. Not to make me look like a jackass, but to keep our country free from a tyrannical government. So those of you opposing weapons in the hands of free citizens… why do you care? Will it stop a school shooting? Nope, know why, they will get that weapon from a less legal source if they really wanted it. Bombs are made of everyday products. Does banning bombs help? Nope. Because then you’d have to ban every product that could potentially be used to create one. Has anyone seen that list?

You seriously think that more legislation on guns will keep mass incidents from happening? You are living in fantasy land. All that will do is unarm people who already abide by current laws and leave all weapons in the hands of people who don’t give a damn about the law anyway. Wake up. Do your research. Stop being afraid of a piece of metal. Guns don’t kill people… people do. In the hands of someone with ill intent your laws won’t stop them anyway.

5 Likes

Oh really? Where do you keep your nuclear weapon?

34 Likes

Or even just a hand grenade…

6 Likes

Sure, but what does it mean if he has Hydrox cookies?

2 Likes
  1. I’m sorry that you don’t understand the 2nd amendment. That’s sad.
  2. I think everyone here heard a whooshing sound as the point of this comic went sailing waaay over your head. Have you been following the various “open carry displays” put on by groups of open carry enthusiasts, where they flash-mob various fast food establishments, food courts, and public spaces brandishing assault weaponry? No? That’s what this is satirizing. Just so you know.
13 Likes

That means they have no taste, those things are terrible.

4 Likes

The good news is that pressure cooker bombs are much less lethal than firearms. The pressure cooker bombs in Boston claimed an average of 1.5 lives each (plus a large number of wounded) whereas the single rifle used at Sandy Hook Elementary School claimed 26 lives, not counting the shooter or his mother.

9 Likes

or C4 or a SAM or any number of other very controlled items

Welcome to BoingBoing, where smart people comment often and stupid people often create a profile to protest.

You do not understand the Constitution of this country, that much is obvious. Do you even satire, brah? And I’m guessing that you are not a Constitutional scholar, because you have nothing to back up your claims of “research.” Go ahead and delete your new profile; you care nothing about this site and you have nothing to add to the conversation.

12 Likes

28 Likes

Criminals don’t care if they can buy dynamite, anthrax or plutonium from a legitimate store. But thankfully those things are still pretty hard to get one’s hands on because they are all carefully regulated.

And you are living in the only first-world country where mass shootings happen on a regular basis. You might believe that has nothing to do with how we regulate (or choose not to regulate) guns in the U.S., but I think that’s a load of baloney.

27 Likes

People do kill people… It’s just that with guns its possible to kill a lot of people very quickly.

10 Likes

Dirty inkies with tattoos are bad. Got it.

I got a tattoo once. I asked for a “13”, but they drew a “31”.

ETA - I’m rolling my eyes at some of the comments. Of course white gun owners are naturally racist. I am sure the sight of a bunch of armed black men will make them beg the government to further lock that shit down.

2 Likes

but to keep our country free from a tyrannical government.

If by ‘tyrannical government’ you mean when students were shot at Kent state for protesting the escalation of a lost war then you failed.

If by ‘tyrannical government’ you mean invading a sovereign nation with a cake full of lies then you failed (if you’re confused by which invasion I’m talking about here it’s Iraq though there are many to choose from).

If by ‘tyrannical government’ you mean corralling American citizens into ‘free-speech zones’, then I’m sorry to say, you failed once again.

I think that argument is pretty much dead, sorry.

11 Likes

How droll. Hey Tom, could you do another showing the difference between a normal law-abiding black man and a deranged black criminal so that nice ladies in Beverly Hills will stop calling the cops when they see a black person walking down their streets?

3 Likes

“This is one of the most asinine things I have ever seen. blah blah legislation bad”

The comic isn’t about legislation. The comic can spawn discussion about legislation, certainly, but the comic is really about the fundamental human problem of being unable to conceive that other people can and will perceive us differently than we see ourselves. The last panel of the comic drives home this point with the mirror, but it is a pretty subtle point.

5 Likes

Which one are you? I can’t tell.

1 Like

The trouble is that your argument kind of wilts when you consider the highly anti-gun carefully regulated communities of Chicago, Washington DC, Oakland, and Detroit. You know, those places with the astronomical crime rates and high body counts?

No, because regional gun bans are a joke if you can drive one county over to buy all the firepower you want. The laws regulating dynamite, anthrax and plutonium would be similarly ineffective if they only applied to limited geographic areas.

Imagine if there was an epidemic of bombings across the U.S. facilitated by laws which guaranteed largely unfettered access to dynamite. Would banning the sale or use of dynamite within the city limits of Oakland or D.C. likely make a difference? Of course not. If you want to effectively regulate dangerous things like firearms or explosives you have to have a consistent nationwide policy or you might as well have none at all.

18 Likes