Tom the Dancing Bug: Lucky Ducky, in "Dog Show"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/24/tom-the-dancing-bug-lucky-ducky-in-dog-show.html

10 Likes

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

18 Likes

One very effective way to reduce inflation: raising taxes. Options considered for fighting inflation: didn’t even come up.

13 Likes

Will Tucker be interviewing Lucky? :laughing:

11 Likes

Tax The Rich GIF by INTO ACTION

14 Likes

Pedro Pascal Laugh GIF by Golden Globes

10 Likes

I want bigger bootstraps!

7 Likes

I almost posted that one. I like that we have options.

4 Likes

More laugh-cry Pedro gifs, please universe!

8 Likes

“Raise taxes on the rich? I thought you said raze taxes on the rich!”

5 Likes

If lowering taxes on the rich actually helped the poor then by now there should be no more poor people in the USA, right?.

13 Likes

aren’t you supposed to add those yourself?

7 Likes

Whenever someone makes unironic use of the phrase “pulling oneself up by the bootstraps” it makes me question both their humanity and their understanding of basic physics. The whole point of the phrase was that it’s literally impossible to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps, so it’s wild that so many people seem to have missed the point.

14 Likes

Are you the one who was supposed to bring me my new bootstraps?

5 Likes

… maybe someday the Chairman of the Fed will be able to raise and lower income tax rates at will :thinking:

2 Likes

And it turns out that “Horatio Alger stories” aren’t even really Horatio Alger stories as such, the “bootstrapping” interpretations being largely a misreading of his narratives:

6 Likes

Maybe someday politicians will have the cojones to make policy decisions to benefit their constituents instead of leaving it all to an unelected bureaucrat and pretending there is nothing they can do.

The Fed will make decisions to protect the banks, which is what happened. Who cares if a few million peons are immiserated by higher interest rates, or a few tens of thousands of small businesses are pushed off the ledge? The main thing is that the banks will remain profitable.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.