TOM THE DANCING BUG: The Great Meritocracy Race

[Permalink]

“Born on third base, and thinks he hit a triple.”

It’s funny because it’s – oh, hell…

My biggest regret is that I wasn’t born wealthy. What was I thinking? I was so young and foolish.

Is this how you spend your time, clenched fist masses? Get back to work, for me. NOW.

Ummmm, doesn’t Cory Doctorow’s own life disprove this comic?

The small gubmint brigade (some, in fairness, honeslty and with no malice) get confused between equality of outcomes (which no sensible progressive person argues is a good idea or good aim) and equality of opportunity (e.g. all kids in a rich country should have the opportunity to finish their education without grinding debt for example). Government’s senseible roles include (IMHO) spending tax $ on provision of decent education (yes, all the way up to uni level like my generation enjoyed in the UK, and students still enjoy in much of Northern Europe).

I’m not even sure how, theoretically, one person’s life can disprove a comic. Unless the comic was “This person never existed.”

What in the world are you talking about?

I mean, welcome, new BBS poster! Please stick around and explore other topics and… wait, can you please explain what you meant in your post?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.