TOM THE DANCING BUG: The Return of Judge Scalia!

.@BonnieDatt New Supreme Court ruling. "Equal protection and due process don't apply to the undead."-dissent penned by Zombie Scalia

— Spocko (@spockosbrain) February 24, 2016
2 Likes

skin color

2 Likes

Technically, President Obama is not a lame duck until after the November election.

2 Likes

Thanks. I need to throw up every time I see that sniveling, whiny little war criminal.

1 Like

Wikipedia says the blessed Saint Ronald, peace be upon him, made 240 recess appointments.

1 Like

But (and my source is just the wikipedia page here, I don’t know anything) wouldn’t those just expire if the Senate continued to refuse to vote on them?

1 Like

You just keep making them, I guess? It looks like the intrasession recess appointment is blockable now, although like you I’m just getting that from Wikipedia. I dunno.

The whole thing’s really obstructionist hogwash anyway. The President is supposed to appoint, and the Senate is supposed to confirm the appointment - they are not supposed to be able to veto the President’s appointment unless the person is of demonstrated extreme moral turpitude, like he violates babies on top of the Washington monument during tourist season or something.

1 Like

Don’t blame me I voted for Grue !

1 Like

Just remember if any of your right-wing friends try to tell you what “shall” means:

“…the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Can’t have it both ways…

1 Like

what is htis my brain is hurting

1 Like

You know, if ghosts maintain their opinions from life then what the founding fathers might be more unhappy with Scalia for how progressive he was. Scalia’s “originalism” was just a thing facade of Scalia’s pet ideas, but the founding fathers didn’t think women or non-white men were people. The real stupidity of originalism is the worship of the founding fathers, and this comic kind of buys into that.

5 Likes

Not entirely true, but more true than not, by modern standards anyway.

1 Like

A fair point, but I don’t think many if any of them would have considered that someone named “Scalia” might be fit for the Supreme Court.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.