Tonight and tomorrow: Twitter reenacts one of the early battles of American Civil War

[Permalink]

I am so charmed by this use of Twitter that I (finally) created a BB user account just so I could post the link to the feed of the participating characters: https://twitter.com/1863Lawrence/qr1863

This link should let you watch the story unfold without any “modern era” tweets interspersed.

3 Likes

In reciprocation, The Harper’s Weekly Newspapering & Lithographing Company will be issuing woodprints of their review of Ashton Kutcher’s Steve Jobs.

(Seriously though, this is pretty cool.)

1 Like

I’m only about 30 miles away from Lawrence at the moment. They’re having some different events during the day, so I may visit as well as following the feed.

@slowglowing You could also check out their website, they have the updated feeds as well as other resources.

So many accounts were cruelly lost this day.

Including @Horse1863, which is just tragic.

By August 1863 the war had been going on for 2 years. Gettysburg was over, Vicksburg had fallen, and the Emancipation Proclamation had been signed.

Lawrence was hardly one of the “early battles.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.