Tool analyzes your personality type based on your Tweets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/27/tool-analyzes-your-personality.html

5 Likes

The irony is that everyone on Twitter is also a tool that analyzes your personality type based on your Tweets.

31 Likes

6134f2f7405abdbd0cbdaa48dd89b1c63de049a2f90746861e4a1badb2ded2b4

14 Likes

First of all I might as well post what everyone is sure to try.

http://analyzewords.com/?handle=realdonaldtrump

Second, I think this example demonstrates the limited ability of this tool to provide accurate or useful analysis.

9 Likes

Get out of my mentions, Maynard James Keenan!

4 Likes

If you have no tweets, what does it mean?

10 Likes

Very pleased with this result.

6 Likes

If you never had any tweets, it means you are an antisocial psychopath who has low empathy for Jack Dorsey’s metrics.

If you had tweets but deleted your account, it means that you are a rage quitter who will never amount to anything in life if you don’t learn to stick to something.

4 Likes

These categories seem rather limited, and few in number. I’m pretty sure there’s more to people’s personalities than these.

3 Likes

One of the many reasons I got off twitter :wink:

3 Likes

If it’s giving me low on Worried then it’s dead wrong. Full marks for giving me 88 on my analytic thinking style. If it had that one wrong I’d be pretty unimpressed.

2 Likes

I have no tweets and no personality, so this seems valid.

1 Like

But perhaps not on Twitter.

1 Like

This is true, but the tool just feeds tweets into the LIWC algorithm, which isn’t particular to Twitter. LIWC is only capable of very narrow analysis, in my opinion.

1 Like

Too late to see if it can distinguish people from bedbugs.

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

I ran this against my account and got some analysis without any real explanation for how to interpret it.

Looks like it includes retweets in the analysis, so it isn’t particularly precise.

1 Like

I checked some accounts that don’t retweet much —

@dril is angry
@infinite_scream is depressed but mostly plugged-in and distant
@noaa is worried and depressed

1 Like