Top 5 Biscuits

That’s where I looked it up. I was surprised the game did not originate in Titipu.

3 Likes

You’re a person of taste and discernment.

1. The aforementioned
  2. Mikado/Pocky
  3. Chocolate hobnob
  4. Rich tea
  5. Ace biscuits

I also used to enjoy those weird pink wafers so maligned in the OP.

No way: Garibaldi. I never got on with any kind of dried fruit.

8 Likes

Speaking of Tunnock’s:

I suppose a Tunnock’s tea cake doesn’t qualify?

5 Likes
  1. Tim Tams
  2. Pfeffernüsse
  3. Nice biscuits
  4. Jaffa Cakes
  5. Venetians*

*very pleased to discover Venetians are categorised as “fancy biscuits”.

7 Likes

My second favourite revolutionary biscuits after a pack of Peek Freans Trotsky Assortments.

8 Likes

Heresy!!

Pistols or swords, the choice is yours!!

6 Likes

I mean, it’s got ‘cake’ in the name…

Ah, yes, make me dislike pink wafers by associating them with the traumatic memory of a duel, diabolically cunning…

6 Likes

We got hip to these

godlike creations in Jamaica. They’re made in Trinidad and Tobago. They’re all wonderful. The custard creams were our favorite. The coconut was my 2nd fav, but mom wasn’t nearly as ahem nuts about 'em. The strawberry was our least fav, tho we didn’t dislike them.
They can be found online, but gen’lly at prices so ridic I wouldn’t ask for them except as a bday or xmas gift.

We also got hip to Hob Nobs (love both plain and choc), and milk choc digestives. I am not a dark choc fan, too bitter for me.

6 Likes

I’m normally more subtle.

:woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

Holy shit, this is where the abomination named Kinder Pingui comes from‽ Ow. Damn.

3 Likes

Surely squashed fly is fruit shortbreads?

3 Likes

You might think that from the picture but I don’t think the two are related. Penguins are solid biscuits and a lot smaller than the cream-in-a-chocolate-shell Kinder Pingui.

If you’ve ever had a Tim Tam, it’s basically that, just not as good.

7 Likes

Yeah, let’s not open that can of worms. Jaffa cakes were already mentioned upthread.

5 Likes

I miss proper fig rolls. You can only get crap ones now.

11 Likes

Here’s another fav cookie of mine, since KathyP already posted Tate’s:

13 Likes

We briefly had TimTams availabile on the shelves up here in Alaska for a while, but unfortunately my patronage alone was not enough to maintain the continued import of said biscuits.

8 Likes
8 Likes

Reaction GIF

However, people including things like Tunnock’s Caramel Wafers/Tea Cakes, Mikado Sticks and Jaffa Cakes (the clue is in the name) are making a mockery of this entire thread! Be gone with thee, wretched confectionery.

8 Likes

Cake vs Biscuit definitions is surely a new thread.

Top 5 Biscuits, people!!

15 Likes

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

8 Likes