Tornado warnings for east coast cities

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/04/tornado-warnings-for-east-coas.html

2 Likes

Man, 5G really is doing a number on the world, isn’t it?

All the best to people in the track of this new developing disaster.

9 Likes

I mean, we’re listening to The Amazing Criswell for weather advice…

7 Likes

I thought we were all listening to David Lynch for the weather now…

5 Likes

I’m near Philly, where we had tornado warnings in the morning, followed by torrential rain and power outages. A few hours ago, a local station did a test of the Emergency Alert System. That’s the worst time I can think of for a test. :tornado: :fearful:

7 Likes

Sorry, I couldn’t help but laugh about the Emergency Alert System test.

I wish you safety in weathering this storm. 2020 seems to be a never ending skid into nasty and apocalyptic shit.

6 Likes

I’m just glad I was in the same room, 'cause if I’d heard it from a distance and freaked out, that would not have ended well. Still, it could’ve been worse - like this episode in the middle of the night:

4 Likes

At the risk of jinxing things, at least it’s only a tornado not a Sharknado (The Second One, since the original took place on the west coast and the sequel took place in NYC.)

2 Likes

My niece’s family on Staten Island got some shutters blown off, but they still have power. Visiting in-laws are staying with them for awhile since they lost power. Outages on SI are spotty.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.