Total Recall: If you're in California, please vote by tomorrow

Si aún no ha votado, necesitamos CADA DEMÓCRATA QUE VIVE EN CALIFORNIA PARA VOTAR EN CONTRA DE LA RETIRADA. LAS CONSECUENCIAS SON DEMASIADO GRANDES PARA QUE NOS HAGAMOS PERDER. No preste atención a las urnas y envíe su voto o envíelo por correo. ¡Salva a nuestro estado de fascistas y trompeteros, por favor! VOTE NO EN EL RETIRO. !

2 Likes

For all you non-Californians: That uncomfortable sensation you’ll be experiencing in your nether regions over the next few days… that’ll be California in toto violently clenching its collective sphincter. This will generate a “blast” radius of 3000 miles. Ships at sea… take note.

Predictable…

6 Likes

Newsom and Biden are about 2 miles from my home and I can’t be bothered to ride my bike over there. (I’m pretty lazy and I already did my part.) There is a pretty cool Boeing KC-135 stratotanker flying around the southland, though:

5 Likes
4 Likes

He’s pulling his trigger too soon to be plausible; what a joke and a con…

9 Likes

One has to be an accomplished (and white) life-long confidence artist to pull that off. California Republicans, whether they’re OC WASPs or State of Jefferson rednecks, would have bought the story from Elder only after he lost.

6 Likes

Oh, there’s a fraud, all right…

3 Likes

Republicans know they can’t win over the majority of voters. They haven’t put forward a candidate who entered the White House with a majority of the popular vote since 1988. They haven’t put forward a gubernatorial candidate in California who was able to enter office through the normal election process since 1991. The democratic process isn’t working for them because they aren’t interested in trying to expand their appeal. And therefore they have pivoted toward casting doubt on the democratic process itself.

Which really, really sucks… because you can’t have a functional society when only 60% of the populace agrees to play by the rules.

6 Likes

The [StopCAFraud] site solicits donations for him and asks supporters to sign a petition “demanding a special session of the California legislature to investigate and ameliorate the twisted results of this 2021 Recall Election.”

Trump’s playbook: If you can’t steal the election… then at least rake in the money.

PS: This one has been… floating… around for awhile.

6 Likes

Just got off a video meeting where our CEO asked if we voted. When the VP said something to the effect that CA will probably stay the same, our Trump-loving, evangelical CEO commented, “We’ll see.”

Ugh. He knows that Elder et al plans to file lawsuit after lawsuit. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.

The GQP have no real platform that appeals to the majority of CA voters so they’ll try to cheat their way in.

6 Likes

I wonder how many he can attempt to file after the first is inevitably thrown out?

4 Likes

God damn, 5 more hours before polls close.

Leslie Nielsen Good Luck GIF by filmeditor

I imagine there will be lawsuits filed the moment the polls close, despite there being zero basis for any of them. What a garbage person.

9 Likes

At some point, filing frivolous and baseless lawsuits needs to be penalized.

7 Likes

I just think of all the years where so-called tort reform was a centerpiece of the Republican agenda. I remember the 2004 commercials destroying then-candidate John Edwards’ background as a civil litigator because he had the gall to defend children who were subject to birth defects due to medical malpractice. I guess they only care about “frivolous lawsuits” when it’s not them doing the filing.

7 Likes

They only time they care about anything is when it benefits them…

5 Likes

They sure flogged the hell out of that “McDonald’s Coffee” lawsuit story. Forget that the basic facts of that story were widely misreported and blown completely out of context.

6 Likes

What time do the polls close out there?

Yeah. I watched the documentary about that, and it always pisses me off when people start whinging about that lawsuit.

3 Likes

8 pm Pacific. We mailed ours in weeks ago.

4 Likes

So another nearly 3 hours to go? It’s after 5 there?

Good on you, though! We went and voted early since the pandemic started, never voted by mail, though.

And good luck to all the Cali folks! We’re rooting for you.

7 Likes

6:20…

Two hours past the usual, but I’m blazing one up anyway…

5 Likes