Homeless people egg California gubernatorial recall candidate rather than be used as a prop

Originally published at: Homeless people egg California gubernatorial recall candidate rather than be used as a prop | Boing Boing

12 Likes

The Gauntlet, 2021.

25 Likes

fox"news": Librul progressive democrat homeless campers throw fetus at minority candidate!!!

(“probably an unfertilized egg, y’know” “yeah, but fox’news’ wouldn’t hardly care about the difference”)

40 Likes

In Your Face Party GIF by Travis

22 Likes

Look how he’s holding his hands. He is terrified and just wants to get the hell out of there!

22 Likes

I don’t know what he expected. It was probably pretty obvious to everyone present that the guy who believes the minimum wage should be set to $0 wasn’t there to express sympathy for destitute Californians.

57 Likes

You don’t survive for long on the streets being played for a chump, especially when the guy trying to play you is as crazy as … well, as a Black man who supports the Former Guy and who thinks it’s the descendants of slavers (rather than of the enslaved) who deserve reparations.

That this lunatic is the GOP front-runner is another reminder to Californians to vote. It takes less than five minutes to vote no (per the CA Dem party, don’t bother voting for anyone on the list), put the ballot in the envelope and sign and date it with your address.

44 Likes

He seems to even believe that those who are paying the $0 wage should be reimbursed by the government if their “employees” quit or revolt.

37 Likes

He also wants to end all welfare programs* so if you don’t take that job that pays pennies an hour you can just starve to death.

*Welfare programs for the poor, that is. I’m sure he still supports massive welfare programs for corporations.

41 Likes

This really summarizes why support for the recall is currently down by double digits. Even voters who might otherwise be open to giving Newsom the boot aren’t jazzed about the alternative. Arnold Schwarzenegger this guy is not.

26 Likes

Apparently, one of the egg-throwing protesters was a woman wearing a gorilla mask.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why they recommended this, it seems like a tremendously irresponsible suggestion. It’s not like selecting an alternate negates a “no” vote. Being intransigent in the face of the law rarely works out well. What’s the logic behind this?

11 Likes

One of my favorite music videos ever.

3 Likes

We literally had a war over that shit. And we won.

21 Likes

And?

I am the Egg Woman!

Not the walrus.

19 Likes

Yeah it’s also a fave of mine, i rewatched it after i posted that gif

2 Likes

[SpongeBob narrator voice] Eight comments later…

7 Likes

Larry Elders reminds me of that old joke:
A libertarian is an anarchist who wants the police to protect him from his slaves.

My CA mail in ballot emailed me a notification when the post office received it and I just got the notification that my vote had been counted yesterday. I voted NO and wrote in HELL NO! for my candidate (since it wasn’t legal to write in Gavin Newsom, derp)

The Qthuglikkans are already yelling fraud/rigging/etc. Henceforth any election a QThug loses will automagically become a stolen election (any D votes obviously being illegal or made by illegal persons [wink wink you know what they mean, right?])

11 Likes

The state Democratic Party made a calculated decision to discourage any prominent Democrats from running, in an effort to make it less likely that liberals or progressives who weren’t entirely happy with Newsom would be willing to oust him for the opportunity to put someone they liked better on the job. They wanted the choice to be as stark and binary as possible in order to have clear political messaging around the recall and maximize the odds of a “no” vote prevailing. Definitely a calculated risk.

17 Likes

Sure, nothing racist about someone wearing a gorilla mask throwing an egg at a black man, not when the target is Republican.

2 Likes