Totally cool CEO says governments need to punish workers with unemployment to make them less arrogant

I think he meant a jump of40 or 50% of current rate or around 8-10%. That would certainly allow those that own the means of production to take the advantage. An overall rate of 40-50 would bring out the guillotine.

3 Likes

Historically, a story about people inside impressive buildings ignoring or even taunting people standing outside shouting at them turns out to be a story with an unhappy ending. – Daniel Handler (AKA Lemony Snicker)

7 Likes

If these aresholes got their way?

Slavery!

5 Likes

We only used that phrase in Ads aimed at Americans. Here we’d say “chuck it on the barbie”

Related rant: they’re not shrimp they’re prawns!!! [1] Ask for a shrimp in Australia and you’ll get a short guy

[1]<district 9> fooking prawns! </district 9>

9 Likes

Most people don’t think of Poe as a management consultant; but he did write one story about how to motivate bricklayers that this guy really ought to learn something from, ideally hands-on.

6 Likes

Mainly for those in the big houses, for everyone else, not as bad. So it’s only an unhappy ending for a few, really.

8 Likes

Sign up now and we’ll throw in a set of plans for our extra large zucchini chopper.

Just raise the blade, lay the zucchini in horizontally and let gravity do the work. It’s sustainable, fossil-fuel free and it can cut through even the largest zucchini!

Also chops marrows, logs, spines… - sorry my lawyers have said it doesn’t do spines (it totally does spines).

Why not ask about our tumbril rental plans and complementary knitting pattern package? Culottes not required!

4 Likes

“At the AFR Property Summit this week I made some remarks about unemployment and productivity in Australia that I deeply regret and were wrong,” Gurner said in a statement released on Thursday.

“There are clearly important conversations to have in this environment of high inflation, pricing pressures on housing and rentals due to a lack of supply, and other cost-of-living issues,” he added.

“My comments were deeply insensitive to employees, tradies and families across Australia who are affected by these cost-of-living pressures and job losses.”’

Yeah - right. You’ve done a complete 180 and renounce all the beliefs you stood on a stage and shared just a couple of days ago.

Maybe we should all learn the words of La Marseillaise?

Allons enfants de la Patrie,
Le jour de gloire est arrivé!
Contre nous de la tyrannie
L’étendard sanglant est levé, (bis)
Entendez-vous dans les campagnes
Mugir ces féroces soldats?
Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras
Égorger vos fils, vos compagnes!

12 Likes
5 Likes

(Tufton Street in London is home to numerous right wing lobbying groups and think tanks.)

9 Likes

A true apology would include a promise that he won’t say stupid and insensitive crap in the future. However, I think Mr Avocado Toast is just self-aware enough to know that’s not going to happen.

9 Likes

Having a business is a privilege extended by the State, and subject to varous rules and regulations; and employees are not serfs, despite your obvious elitist slaver attitude.

Wonder how much in the way of bribes campaign contributions he is paying to get his way…

Speaking of attitudes that need killing…

They already see themselves as Lords and Masters over the mindless rabble.
@MikeR has a cure:

Obviously, a multi-tasker.

Your only ‘regret’ is outing yourself [once again, it seems] as the psychopath you obviously are.
It’s not what you said that is so abhorrent; it’s what you obviously believe.

Yeah, you are lucky to have any employees.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.