Tower of London's Royal Armoury to display sword from Final Fantasy

Originally published at: Tower of London's Royal Armoury to display sword from Final Fantasy | Boing Boing

1 Like

Is “replica” really the right word here?

2 Likes

I follow the maker of the sword, the amazingly prolific Tod Todeschini, and I have to say, he sounded a bit defensive in his Facebook message announcing this. Almost like he tried to convince himself that this is a worthy project, compared to the very realistic pieces he is capable of making.

I made a sword that is displayed for the next month in the Tower of London in the Armour Hall. Make no mistake for guy like me, this is very cool indeed. It is in fact a sword from the just released Final Fantasy XVI, so is a fantasy piece, but in this room is the best work, of the best armourers of medieval Europe. Pieces made for Kings. In amongst this amazing company I now have a sword I made, so yes, that is really very cool indeed.

3 Likes

The Royal Amory have been garnering pretty close ties with the gaming press over the past few years. Ferguson (as one of their experts is one of the few rare people on youtube who does talk about firearms in a clear informative way without the braindead 2a fetishization that’s common on there) does quite a few things with Gamespot.

3 Likes

Oh yes, good to point this out. I’ve been thoroughly enjoying his videos, both the ones on historic arms pieces as well as his reviews of weapons in video games. Great content.

1 Like

If you’re in London and like arms and armor, be sure to visit The Wallace Collection, as they have so much stuff in a relatively small area.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.