Town attempts to define art

I see one of two possibilities here, and I’m not sure which one is the case. Either someone, probably on the town council, is interesting in getting the property cheap or the owner is gay. Given the Institute for Justice is involved, it’s less likely to be a discrimination case, or at least not directly.

5 Likes

LIVE GLUTEN FREE OR DIE

7 Likes

what a bunch of 1

5 Likes

I don’t know much about art, but I know what I like, and I like donuts.

14 Likes

As written, Bobby McGee was a ‘she’. Janis swapped genders.

2 Likes

“♬ You can get whatever you hanker for ♬ At Alice’s Bakery ♬ (excepting Alice) ♬”

5 Likes

“… it means I get what I want, and you don’t.”

8 Likes

Vietra Sul Mare is a ceramics town on Italy’s Amalfi coast whose main street, which is lined with shops… each of which is identified by pictorial tiles covering its storefront. Tinkers, tailors, herbalists, et al. Barbers show musical tiles, a Barber of Seville reference.

Context: Art defines this town rather than vice-versa.

3 Likes

I suspect this is really about the rainbows and not about the doughnuts.

9 Likes

Maybe.

5 Likes

Advertising the Simpsons wouldn’t be advertising the bakery, surely?

Or protest art

8 Likes

wow, a lot of libertarians here. ThEy SHouLD Be FrEe To dO wHatEvEr ThEY WanT! Its obvious that the store couldnt get a permit for the sign just decided to do an art project to get around the restriction. Pictures of baked goods above a bakery is definately not an advertising sign for the bakery, correct? This article is rage inducing theater.

2 Likes

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

9 Likes

I kinda thought rainbows too, but it reminds me even more of the flag of Tibet (which, not just the sun/rays, but has a mountain below/in front of the sun, too) (the doughnuts on the mural supposedly representing mountains)

According to the Central Tibetan Administration, the flag has the following symbolism:

• The white triangle at the center of the flag symbolises a snow-clad mountain.

source: wikipedia

1 Like

It’s an ad for a donut shop. Gimme a break.

I’m trying to think if there’s a better trifecta to simultaneously disrespect students, artists, and for-profit business, but nope: this is reactionary right-wing fearmongering in a nutshell.

5 Likes

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

2 Likes

The same town dictates: π = 3

1 Like

Oh yeah? Well, like, YOU’RE an ad for a donut shop.

3 Likes

Nope. Wrong NH town. Not enough bears.

8 Likes