Toxic Masculinity: Dude, where are my emotions?

There are a lot of, I think, cowardly genes that lead to people surrendering their jeans and putting on a skirt.

Misogyny and queerphobia aside, Scotland has entered the chat.

22 Likes

We Hunted The Mammoth is coming soon

9 Likes

Saw a movie recently that fits the topic to a T, Carnal Knowledge. In the pantheon of Mike Nichols films it seems somewhat forgotten, but when I saw it had a cast of Art Garfunkel, Jack Nicholson and Candice Bergman I had to check it out. It’s rather bleak but topical.

5 Likes

That’s sad on so many levels for a self promoted “public intellectual”

But even on his own lowest level - Beta lobster dude ran to his mommy?

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This story led right back to this topic:

22 Likes

Thanks, that certainly raises Mr. Cummerbund a few notches in my estimation.

Also appreciate the opening again of this thread. Id thought maybe you’d meant to warm it up in anticipation of fallout from the Michigan daughters rape thread.

17 Likes

Raises Cumberbatch while dropping Elliott. I kind of assumed he’d be cooler, based on a playful and maybe even flirty commercial he did with Lil Nas X not long ago.

14 Likes

Sure, but I’d already heard about his shitty comments.

What a reactionary throwback he (apparently) is.

10 Likes

Jane Campion responds.

“He’s not a cowboy, he’s an actor.”

19 Likes
17 Likes
13 Likes

What proportion of climbers are women? Lots of anecdata in that article.

4 Likes

Every time I see the term “toxic masculinity”, I can’t help but reminiscing about that time where Jordan Peterson literally said “How can you not mean that masculinity is inherently toxic? The term exists!” Truly a big-brain analysis.

9 Likes

According to the Daily Torygraph version of the article 33%.

9 Likes

Food for thought:

30 Likes

I’d offer the other viewpoint that as a trans woman my interactions with other women are better, easier, warmer and far more inclusive than they ever were with men. Women that are complete strangers will smile Hello, share a moment in a queue, compliment or help each other, simply ask for directions or assistance; all the little social interactions that make life meaningful and easier, which is wonderful.

All while avoiding the gaze and attention of nearly every man in the local area.

It’s like the Twilight Zone.

30 Likes

Yeah, however the idea that showing emotion equals weakness and must be denied came about it sure has screwed with humanity. And by teaching boys that the only acceptable emotion is anger they lose the ability to recognize what they are feeling.

13 Likes

The only nitpick I have is with Dumb Bastard Brain, because there was some dumb bastard who invented Dodgeball.

11 Likes