Toxic Masculinity: Dude, where are my emotions?

I think Scott Adams may be a couple decades overdue for a visit with a therapist.

16 Likes

So, commit violence against a man and he’ll get violent?

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

19 Likes

“If you assault him he won’t like it!!”

Thanks, Scott.

19 Likes

You make fun of him, but he’s “like a really smart person”. /s

14 Likes

I recently learned when he started out as a cartoonist he was originally planning to call Dilbert’s canine companion “Dildog” instead of “Dogbert.”

Dildog.

Not as a weird sex toy pun. Just because it hadn’t occurred to him at the time that five-sixths of the name was “Dildo.”

And now he’s putting forth some grand unified theory of male violence by telling guys to sexually assault their own fathers by sticking things up their butts.

Fuckin’ creep.

19 Likes

I think it’s simply every encounter with Scott Adams is implied violence.

21 Likes

It’s always

tom cruise projector GIF

17 Likes

He does strike me as an unusually punchable person.

16 Likes

I was about to qualify that with “only when he opens his mouth”, but given how he seems to believe he has the God-given right, nay, duty to mansplain his half-baked bullshit to the world at all times, that would be “always”, and so your point stands.

14 Likes

no man GIF

15 Likes

Damn, that is a really specific thing to say…

15 Likes

It’s more than a little sad when senior citizen make believe that they’re scary badasses.

Also - I feel sorry for his father. Has anyone called the elder abuse hotline?

15 Likes
17 Likes
23 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

9 Likes
14 Likes

That’s a really cogent assessment of what’s happening. In a more bumper-sticker-y version:

21 Likes

Echoing @docosc , that article really helped put the issue into context. I especially liked the reminder that the fact these guys are flipping out so much is because we have more diverse media now than we have in the past, and that’s a good thing.
Also it blew my mind to realize that for most of my life “men aged 18-34” were considered the “arbiters of cool.” No offense, guys, but thinking of using a teenage boy as a “tastemaker” is so cringey. This is how we ended up with Axe Body Spray :joy:

21 Likes

Funny how all those angry nerds who claim to hate the She-Hulk show so much are still watching after six consecutive episodes just so they know what they are supposed to be complaining about each week.

I mean, I personally never got hooked on Supergirl or Green Arrow so I simply stopped watching after seeing the respective pilots and didn’t think about them much after that. But these nerdbros are acting like someone has them strapped in the viewing chair from A Clockwork Orange.

17 Likes

Because no matter how you slice it, Tatiana is AWESOME.

Smart Is Hot Tatiana Maslany GIF

16 Likes