Track the carbon footprint of jet-set celebrities like Elon Musk and Kim Kardashian

Originally published at: Track the carbon footprint of jet-set celebrities like Elon Musk and Kim Kardashian | Boing Boing

1 Like

Not sure about their CO2 estimates.

Take this flight by Musk.

LAX-SJC is ~500km and a G650 will burn about 1.6t of fuel generating 5tCO2 (excluding non-CO2 impacts).

Elon isn’t first, and Trump isn’t second. The list at the bottom is not sorted by miles or impact. Kim Kardashian is higher than Elon, and there are many people between him and Trump.

I have to hand it to them. I find flying mentally and physically exhausting. I have taken two long haul trips in the last month for work (London->Dubai, Dubai->Doha->London; London->DFW, DFW->San Antonio (and return)). I’m effing shattered.
The short Dubai->Doha hop was in an A350-900, which has lower cabin pressure. All the other flights were in B777-300s (A320 and B737 on the DFW legs). I’m still burping other people’s farts, five days on.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.