Trailer for Mr. Bean's new 'Man vs Bee'

Originally published at: Trailer for Mr. Bean's new 'Man vs Bee' | Boing Boing

4 Likes

It’s Rowan Atkinson… I’ll watch it!
Thanks for the article, I probably would have missed it otherwise :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I see your point. Up to a point. Many movies you pretty much know ahead of time what you’re going to see. Any historical films, any franchise films, and Disney/Pixar films, for instance. There aren’t going to be a lot of surprises necessarily but you watch for the entertainment. Heck, many times I’ve gone to see a show after the trailer intrigued me only to find out everything good about the movie was in the trailer. I’ll still watch this. It’s Mr. Bean, after all!

4 Likes

It does appear to be (:honeybee:) a Series, as opposed to a film. I wonder how long these episodes are gonna be (:honeybee:)…
My guess is it’ll be (:honeybee:) 10 short episodes.

7 Likes

This is a Rowan Atkinson movie but I don’t see any indication it’s a “Mr. Bean” movie.

Mr. Bean is a distinct character created by Rowan Atkinson who has specific mannerisms and a signature outfit, much like how Pee-Wee Herman is to Paul Reubens or Borat is to Sacha Baron Cohen.

14 Likes

Although one could easily mistake his character “Enrico Pollini” in the 2001 movie Rat Race as being the same guy on holiday in the American West.

I guess it’s hard for actors to come up with completely different mannerisms for too many distinct characters. Especially when the director of the movie probably wanted a Mr Bean performance but didn’t have the rights.

7 Likes

“IT’S TEN EPISODES LONG!”
~ Justin McElroy

4 Likes

Bit of a ripoff of “Mousehunt”, with Nathan Lane.

1 Like

I find that I can only tolerate “Mr. Bean” in small (vignette) doses.
Anything that approaches a feature length film becomes irritating.

Here’s hoping for an eventual ring-up of an exterminator named Baldrick who concludes upon a cunning plan. (egads, i hadn’t realized - er realised - that he has got knighted!)

2 Likes

8454991776e4c38672a78eacb197e1f2

5 Likes

The amount of needless CG just in the trailer is so distracting. The very first thing he knocks onto the floor at 0:30 is CG. I know the man is a talented comedian, but I have little hope for enjoying this. I wonder if he’ll blame cancel culture if it turns out to be bad and no one watches?

I find it pretty good natured of him to be okay with the car accident scene, considering the accidents he’s had in his McLaren.

And the hammer… :scream:

The premise of this series reminds me of a proposed Jackie Chan movie that was going to happen in the late 90s. Chan was going to be a guy trying to relax on his day off and becoming obsessed with getting rid of a bee in his home. Hijinks ensue and Chan’s character breaks things and generally ruins his life destroying things in the pursuit of the bee.

1 Like

I would watch that, too!

2 Likes

Sorry, he’ll never top this. Not saying he’s not funny or very good, but it doesn’t get better than the whole Christmas special with this being the best.

Just my opinion of course.

4 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for that! Now I have a new (to me) show to watch.

1 Like

I could see this as a movie. I still probably wouldn’t watch it, but I could see it being made and being successful. But a 10 episode series? There had better be something going on there much more than just slapstick humor of a man trying to kill a bee. That will get old after the first episode.

WHY WOULD YOU CALL THIS A MR. BEAN MOVIE?

You dorks got me all set up for a Mr. Bean movie and it’s not. At all. The guy talks for one. And Mr Bean vs Bee would be an entirely different movie.

Can you not tell the difference between an actor and his creation? This is like saying Indiana Jones and the Last Crusades is a James Bond movie.

What the hell is wrong with you?