Trailer for Ridley Scott's Raised by Wolves

If you were the kind of überNerd who takes deep dives into movies’ world-building promotional websites, you would have found correspondence on the Prometheus site from Peter Weyland to Eldon Tyrell, chastising him for his failures with the Nexus series, and vowing not to make the same mistakes.

Um, so I’ve heard.

Anyway, hardly canonical, but still a connection.

3 Likes

If your kids like Gravity Falls, try them on Over the Garden Wall; it’s still a cartoon, but it might at least add a little variety to the mix.

3 Likes

Some people just really, really enjoy invading places…

Hm. Reading the title, I kinda hoped this would involve Furries.

2 Likes

See also:

4 Likes

Over the Garden Wall is terrific entertainment for grownups and kids as well. It has a special little bonus for opera fans because Samuel Ramey has an important role.

Of course, there’s also Avatar.

3 Likes

I would have thought this could be in the same universe as Westworld from what we saw and given my understanding of Westworld.

Oh yes, thanks for the recommendation, they devoured that a couple years ago. I like it too. Wish there were more seasons planned.

Shades of I am Mother:

Same here when I saw the trailer show up. Dammit.

2 Likes

Which was in turn a reboot of the original story about the founding of Rome:

3 Likes

Which may have been a reboot of earlier folktales about feral children.

See also The Jungle Book.

2 Likes

Kipling was said to have been inspired by one such feral child in particular, Dina Sanichar. Sadly his life didn’t sound as idyllic as Mowgli’s.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.