Tram drivers have nerves of steel

As Australian trams, they are also poisonous.

13 Likes

Pretty sure trams (and trains) have no lug nuts.

No. Anything in front of you that you will hit unless you can safely stop has right of way. In Ireland that starts with pedestrians who always have right of way when on the road, no matter how they got there in the first place. You should always give way to those you are going to injure. Trams can only stop so it’s a moot point with them.

4 Likes

Another way to think of it, and how I was trained:

There is no such thing as “right of way”. Instead, there is only “duty to yield”.

And everyone has a duty to yield when failure to do so would cause a collision.

13 Likes

Well put! Exactly.

I wonder how many Australian trams were eaten before someone figured that out.

A cynic would assume that these drivers had got used to aggressively taking advantage of other drivers embracing their duty to yield and that this was much deserved retribution.

1 Like

First and last rule about dealing with trams in traffic: Stay the fuck out of their way. They have a default right of way because they physically can’t turn away or break quickly.

3 Likes

Utterly oblivious to the stopping distance of any vehicle whatsoever.

Or, worse: that one guy who was keenly aware of stopping distance and ruthlessly tailgating at every opportunity (while bitching about how “that guy can’t drive for shit”). Scared the daylights out of me, no kidding.

1 Like

ISTR an article positing that this was why self-driving cars would not work.

My bf would like to know if that includes the weight of the Rhinolerskate.

3 Likes

yep, by steering… right off your tram tracks into a safer place…

That last driver is like “Is the camera on? Oh good.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.