Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

Kiddo has a friend who is Danny. I assumed it was Dani until her mom spelled it.

We chose a gender neutral name for kii-kitten. A lot of reasons. But one of them was that no matter kii-kitten’s gender, a gender neutral name had a chance of belonging to them forever. I wanted a name that could grow to fit the child we didn’t yet know. Although, if Kii-Kitten wants to change it at some point, I will be nothing but supportive. Their name, their choice.

10 Likes

A friend said that I should use Katherine, as it’s a “power name”.

I replied - that’s false advertising.

13 Likes

I initially tried a name that kept the same first initial, but it never felt like me.

I ended up picking a name that I liked, felt right to me and as an added bonus, it had personal significance. It was my grandmother’s name. She would have hated that I picked that name, only because she didn’t like her name.

11 Likes

I love my maternal grandmother’s middle name, but not for me. If I’d ever had children, and had a daughter, I’d have wanted to name her Ella. My other grandmother’s middle name was Cornelia. That one I don’t like. Plus she beat my dad and his brother when they were growing up.

6 Likes

My sister has my mom’s name as her middle name (Thirza), so that was out for me. I would have taken my great aunt’s name (Eleita), but we named my first kid that, and my grandma’s name (Amy) is my niece’s name. The other side of the family isn’t anyone I’d want to be named after. :woman_shrugging:

I thought of feminizing my deadname for a bit, and my Reddit account for trans stuff is using that name, but it never felt right. Then I realized I had been using various forms of Anna for ages in games, and that fit much better. I have literally no idea where I originally got it, but it’s been what I’ve used for well over a decade before coming out.

Once I change my name legally, mine will be ABC, which I strangely love a lot.

9 Likes

Mine is KRP. Not in Cincinnati.

9 Likes

Funnily enough, back in the far back, long before Morgan knew she was trans or, at least, before she let anyone else know, we were playing a game of weird questions. One was “If you were the opposite gender, what would your name be?” Her answer, of course, was “Morgan.” A couple decades later, here we are.

10 Likes

I wish I had older memories of when I was using my name, as I know my first serious gf from when I was 19 ended up naming her kid one of my Anna variations and said she got it from me. So at least 30 years at this point. This is my Diablo 3 heroes list from the mid 2010s. You might notice a theme… :sweat_smile:

ETA: I just noticed the Annabel and Anastasia in there and it’s interesting that my legal name will soon be Annastasia Belladonna (Anna for short)

5 Likes

That’s good, wouldn’t want any turkey related mishaps :wink:

1yo7zd

5 Likes