Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

18 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: &:clinking_glasses: to all those who are brave enough to be who they are and not what society thinks they should be. :rainbow: Your strength and courage gives me hope for humanity.

20 Likes
18 Likes

Edit:

I would note that Teffler isn’t “dominating” her sport. She’s just the first in the 40 or so years of being allowed to compete to win a competition at the national level.

“ Telfer qualified for the NCAA Women’s Division II Outdoor Track and Field Championships in 2019, ranking third in 60-meter hurdles and seventh in the 200-meter dash nationally in the women’s division.[4]She finished sixth in the 60-meter hurdles finals, and first in the 400-meter hurdles finals at the 30-inch women’s division height.[

10 Likes

Be who you are. I will love you because of that. Not in spite of it or “anyways” but BECAUSE you chose to become who you need to be. I’ll never understand fully the amount of courage it takes to change oneself outwardly and to have to defend it and be that new reality forever. Hugggggggs!

1 Like

Made me tear up; this seems like a good place to leave it.

8 Likes

Me too. I love it.

7 Likes

I went to the ceremony to raise the trans pride flag over City Hall this afternoon for the Transgender Day of Remembrance.

The Mayor and others spoke. And it was noted that several Philly landmarks would be lit up in the colors of the flag this evening. Including BoatHouse Row and the FMC building. Examples below with rainbow flag colors.

10 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

That is so very cool!! Stan Lee would be proud.

7 Likes

Pinterest still out there doing its best. Now if only they’d stop polluting my image searches!

5 Likes

Saw a trans woman some months back at Microsoft HQ in Redmond who appeared to be a development manager.

1 Like
5 Likes