Trump rolls back Obama-era protections for transgender students

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/22/trans-rights-are-human-rights.html

6 Likes

I hear the Nazis cheering.

17 Likes

I think you’re misrepresenting just a little. Sessions is the villain here. DeVos actually stood up to him a little, on behalf of trans kids, before she caved.

14 Likes

Ok, I got that on the record so she’ll be excused when the criminal trial[s] start.

[note sadly the sarcasm]

11 Likes

If I say “well of course they did.” can we just make it absolutely clear that that doesn’t mean that I condone it in the slightest, only that I’m not actually surprised? Thanks. :frowning2:

22 Likes

Trump revives toilet culture wars

Is this the long awaited tRump Jobs Initiative? Is this how he plans to put Americans back to work?

6 Likes

Both greed and bullying are good if you always win.

Come to think of it I do agree with shit-gibbon on one thing.
I am getting tired of “winning”.

5 Likes

I read on Slate that DeVos was against it, but Sessions was for it. Trump cast the deciding vote.

Guess it depends on whether you trust the source (or, like some conspiracy-minded folks speculated, this was put out there to try to get DeVos some sympathy).

13 Likes

That could be true.

14 Likes

I wonder what took them so long to get to this one? :thinking:

5 Likes

You’ll need a genital inspector assigned to each school classroom. Also a training department and licensing bureau for genital inspectors. Lots of jobs right there.

11 Likes

Shhhhh! The Orange Shit Gibbon will hear you.

5 Likes

“Sham president Donald Trump’s sham government on Wednesday…”

@xeni I think you meant to write “piece of shit” rather than “sham.”

16 Likes

Hey - this whole concept of letting the states determine individually what federal law and policy means sounds interesting.

Looking forward to it being applied to the SEC, FDA, drug laws, air traffic control and selective service.

Thank god we’ve got Ambassador Caitlyn on the job!
Dumb as a box of hammers.

21 Likes

Roger That!

2 Likes

Sessions likely wants it applied to women’s sufferage and the emancipation proclamation.

17 Likes

Malarial mosquitos are of more benefit to humanity than 45 and his infestation of vermin. Meaning no offense to the insects that simplify were born that way. At least they made no effort to devolve into one of the most disgusting life forms on earth.

10 Likes

All funded by wealthy transpobic bigots, right? We wouldn’t want to increase government spending or anything because we’re all fans of reducing the size and budget of the government…

4 Likes

4 Likes

Donald Trump isn’t President- that’s fake news.

4 Likes