Transparency - changes to the BBS

Can’t. banned him.

19 Likes

It’s weird that shutting down the lounge happened with zero discussion and virtually no warning … but like caps is a topic for discussion.

26 Likes

I’m afraid I’ll wake up and this will all have taken place in the mind of a child holding a snow globe.

28 Likes

I think it got upped from the like strike to be practical enough so I dunno yet. For TL3 it was pretty much unlimited for all practical purposes. While it amused me to get the out of love badge I do feel that the comment traffic here is enough that the defaults were definitely too low and it was frustrating to go I can’t give a like to this good post.
I will cop to handing them out like a drunken sailor in some threads cause I could so I know I can’t do that anymore.

8 Likes

I can’t “like” this post enough. Sigh.

What a fucking cluster.

23 Likes

Okay that is probably practical enough for most of us. I think most of us here can deal with that.

4 Likes

In other news, browser crashed at 1200 posts… Last saved at 1000. Sorry to anyone expecting to see more than ten days back in time.

6 Likes

I thought he asked to be banned (I mean that literally like he said “Please ban me, I’m done here.”).

1 Like

Here you go:

2 Likes

Honestly I have no idea.

2 Likes

In 10 years, you can.

21 Likes

I am sad. The world feels like it’s getting smaller and meaner. The bbs regular community was a respite against that.

26 Likes

He did not. It was more of a (heavily paraphrased) “what the hell? we can’t make jokes? why how are any of us still here?”

BANHAMMER TIME!

Edited to for clarity

20 Likes

So “asking for it” like a short skirt. Horrible analogy absofuckinglutely intended.

26 Likes

Horrible, but apt.

17 Likes

Ummm, don’t you know that making a statement like that in front of this bunch will be met with a chorus of:

?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

35 Likes

Dammit, I wish there was a way to download entire posts.

Having a copy of my own comments is cool, but the context is what made certain discussions so interesting.

21 Likes

There is, it’s just arcane, kludgy, and currently overhearing the computer. Got posts 6802-final, though! It’ll take a few hours to upload the resulting zip file. I’m still running my scrollbot; if my computer gives out, I will then upload the last post zipball.

7 Likes

I agree with this. I’ve been cringing lately seeing what’s in the comments on product posts. It felt like things were getting to the point where it had to stop.

5 Likes

I’ll stop when they shut up and take my money. Not a moment before. What’s that, you say? I never posted snark on a product thread? Damn.

2 Likes