Transparency - changes to the BBS

Check the ghosts thread :wink:

6 Likes

Wait. All the stats are gone?!?

WTF?!? We were going to make baseball cards!

13 Likes

I might be able to, if you direct me.

One of the perks of never using mobile to access the site seems to be that itā€™s taking longer to lock me out.

6 Likes

Grab some from feb 1st in fuck christmas if you can

1 Like

Ok, Let me check.

2 Likes

What would you like it to be?

3 Likes

Unlimited. OtherMichael it.

14 Likes

You feel they should be unlimited (i.e., you shouldnā€™t have to consider them ā€œprecious commoditiesā€ in any way?) Does that diminish receiving them?

2 Likes

Thereā€™s been a long discussion about this over in thā€¦ oh, nevermind.

25 Likes

Oh for Christā€™s sake not this again.

#No!!

We already fought a extensive and bloody battle against like caps. We had some highly valued and loved members like @chgoliz go on hiatus because of like caps.

Letā€™s not go back to this again. Losing the #lounge and our hard earned status so abruptly is already a hard enough pill to swallow.

Regulars got effectively unlimited likes and the world didnā€™t end. Likes arenā€™t a currency or commodity. Thereā€™s nothing precious about them. They are a way to both support others as well as passively involve ones self in discussions.

I thought I was done worrying about ā€œlike rationing.ā€ It sucks that this is one again an issue.

28 Likes

Nope.

6 Likes

Does it actually matter what we think?

13 Likes

Sleep tight, everybody. Im not entirely pleased by all of this but BB is still the best game in town. Best authors, best staff, best community.

Itā€™s touching to see how much good this bunch of weirdos did for one another and I hope there will be a way to keep that spirit alive.

15 Likes

Yes. Or I wouldnā€™t ask.

And the limit, currently, is 1000, so apparently it was raised in the past.

8 Likes

Exactly. Removing caps promoted engagement. @TobinL has spent a lot of time reading and liking posts that make good points; to subject him to be tied for #1 with a brand new 4chan alt would be the utmost insult.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s the number which was set sarcastically before, when the Like Strike was deemed ā€œstupid.ā€

8 Likes

Yeah, I just checked. It was 1000 for TL2, 2000 for TL3.

Iā€™d like to see the person regularly hitting either of those limits. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Were you around for the Like Strike?

TL;DR effectively unlimited is better than arguing about it.

14 Likes

I very well might. Iā€™ve been regularly hitting 1k per night.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not convinced of the good faith of the bosses ATM.
Whatever you say wonā€™t stop the bosses from doing whatever they want to do, no matter what we think or what you ask.

Iā€™m certain youā€™re asking in good faith. Itā€™s others I donā€™t trust.

15 Likes