Tree serial killer on loose in Oregon

Originally published at: Tree serial killer on loose in Oregon | Boing Boing

8 Likes

They formed a task force to find which one among their ranks is doing this.

4 Likes

It’s a cultists “owning the libs”.

3 Likes

At first I parsed that as a serial killer who is a tree and was a bit ‘WTF?’ - then I realised it was a serial tree killer.

more than 700 trees over the last year

Kind of surprising not to have caught the culprit if they are doing of the order of 2 trees a day on average.

:notes:
I’m a lumberjack who cuts by stealth
It’s bad for Oregon’s environmental health

9 Likes

“It’s a very strange crime to continue to do when you don’t have any gain from it,” she said.

She was stumped.

18 Likes

You can take the light rail Blue Line from downtown Portland to Gresham!

Make a field day of it: visit one the town’s fine strip malls. Eat fine cuisine down at the Olive Garden – don’t fill up on breadsticks and salad before dinner’s ready! Stay for a couple of days at the Super 8. Visit Kaleafa for a wide selection of find cannabis buds and concentrates.

(edit) Actually that last one is pretty cool. Kaleafa has big jars of buds and they let you have a good sniff. You can buy by the gram and the quarter ounce.

2 Likes

Check for someone who would have an improved view from their house

1 Like

The offender’s behaviour needs a full root and branch overhaul.

5 Likes

here’s a non paywall version

it looks like although the springwater corridor is more than 40 miles long, the section with the felled trees is just a mile or two… still that’s a lot of space for a forested area.

The Gresham Lumberjack has been at it since last August. To date, close to 100 trees within a mile and a half stretch of the trail have been destroyed, causing over $100,000 in damages by necessitating restoration efforts.

in theory, the us averages 24,000 ish trees per square kilometer – so maybe 9,000 ish per square mile.

2 Likes

If you’re eating at Olive Garden in Gresham, you’re doing it wrong. Hit up Nicholas or Spinellas or Local Cow…hell, those are all within a block of each other!

Contrary to popular belief, there are some nice things out that way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Time to deploy an army of these guys.

I don’t want to be wearing that when the tree killer gets near.

4 Likes
2 Likes

“Won’t somebody think of the Ents?”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.