Tree surgeon dumps cuttings on customer's lawn for not paying him

But in this case, the metaphor would be witholding payment to the barber for not making George Costanza look like Jon Snow. The customer request was impossible and the service provider said so.

2 Likes

But the service provider did the job anyhow knowing the customer wouldn’t be happy

Why would he do an impossible job?

I’ve been in the situation with my business. “I’m sorry customer but what you’re asking can’t be done, I’m not the service provider that will be able to meet your needs.” or “I wrote down exactly what I will be doing and what I won’t be doing for this much money, please sign here.”

We still don’t, and never will, have a complete picture of what actually happened. It’s possible she said do it anyway fully intending not to pay or it’s possible it happened like she said.

These one sided customer/contractor disputes are silly to debate or take a side in or label blame without both sides or a contract or any facts other than a Facebook post.

That’s really tenuous. You’re basically accusing the arborist of doing a trimming the customer did not give them permission to do. Neither side of the dispute asserts that. If they did, then this would be a different case.

What the two sides seem to agree upon is:

1. Customer asked arborist to trim a tree on their property;
  2. Customer requested tree be trimmed conically;
  3. Arborist informed customer that it wouldn’t look like a Christmas tree;
  4. Arborist trimmed tree;
  5. Customer didn’t like how it looked and refused payment;
  6. Arborist returned trimmings to customer’s yard due to lack of payment.

The article does not indicate that the customer refused the service.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.