Trick for vacuum-sealing food without a vacuum-sealer

“completely air-free bag”

uh, no.

2 Likes

Ok, I might be wrong about this! I guess I’ll try and see. Thanks!

1 Like

Good idea. Let’s use the homeopathic version so as to maximize profits effectiveness and awesomeness.

(Edited for accuracy.)

1 Like

I literally use the mouth method all the time. I’ve never gotten anything yucky in my mouth. Also, I can then put a DRY bag right into the freezer, which won’t get stuck to everything it touches.

2 Likes

It looks like it still has air in it, at 0:40ish and thereafter. But certainly not much!

I still don’t feel any desire for sous vide. I don’t want to eat things cooked in plastic (regardless of what they taste like, to be honest) and it seems a lot easier to just boil up a nice stew.

Cheesecake, pumpkin pie, or other custards work exceptionally well when cooked in glass jars.

1 Like

Another tip: if you don’t have a large enough water container in the kitchen, there is another (small) room in your house that is full of water and ready for sealing food 24/7.

1 Like

Yes, this is the method I employ. But sometimes I need to add weight to completely submerge a bag. I add stainless flatware to make them heavier.

2 Likes

How is blockchain involved?

3 Likes

Does it have self-lubricating blockchains?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.